ACN Latitudes Forums

Too much vitamin A?

4Jack

My son is having a big waxing period and I am desperately trying to find out what has triggered it. Has anyone had problems with too much vitamin A? I recently switched from fish oil to cod liver oil, which is high in vitamin A.

My son is having a big waxing period and I am desperately trying to find out what has triggered it. Has anyone had problems with too much vitamin A? I recently switched from fish oil to cod liver oil, which is high in vitamin A.

Just a thought...could it be the brand of Cod Liver Oil? Is it liquid or gelcap? It could be the gelcap itself. Our ds reacted when we started Royal Jelly and found it was the soy in the gelcap that set him off. I don't know about the vitamin A though. Hope you find the issue!

Megan

I have not heard of vit A being a tic trigger

but

we have many people on this site who have noted fish oil triggers tics for them or their kids, and some theories have been posted too as to why...but I don't recall vit A being part of the discussion before, nor that cod liver oil was better or worse...but I honestly don't remember the details...perhaps a search will bring it up for you.

one of our members whose son reacted badly to fish oil has reported a very good reaction to Krill Oil

What made you switch from the other fish oil he was taking? Were the tics ok when on that one?

as Megan mentioned, it could also be an ingredient in the capsule that is triggering more tics

Thanks Chemar,

I switched because I had read about people having positive experiences with cod liver oil. I am using a liquid, not a gelcap. I have krill oil but just haven't given it to my son yet. I have read the other positive posts on it so I will try it...just need to get my son to swallow a pill.