ACN Latitudes Forums

side effects

laure

Dd 9 developing spidery red lines on her shoulder and complaining of a "rubber band" sound in her ear. After a 15 day taper of prednisone, and 15 days and continuing of zithromax 250 mg. a day, any idea of the cause? She was on mucinex too, but I don't see those side effects here. Continuing on meds unless this gets worse, because other than this she is 80% better! Can't stand to go backwards...

Dd 9 developing spidery red lines on her shoulder and complaining of a "rubber band" sound in her ear. After a 15 day taper of prednisone, and 15 days and continuing of zithromax 250 mg. a day, any idea of the cause? She was on mucinex too, but I don't see those side effects here. Continuing on meds unless this gets worse, because other than this she is 80% better! Can't stand to go backwards...

Take a picture of the lines because it could be important later. Bartonella has weird rashes that look like stretch marks.

Take a picture of the lines because it could be important later. Bartonella has weird rashes that look like stretch marks.

laure, I have read somewhere about hearing issues being a problem sometimes with zithromax. I thought it was long term usage but I'm not sure. That is a tough position to be in with 80% improvement. Did you say you are tapering now on the steroid? How much longer do you have on it? Did you read about the side effects in the paper work?

laure, I have read somewhere about hearing issues being a problem sometimes with zithromax. I thought it was long term usage but I'm not sure. That is a tough position to be in with 80% improvement. Did you say you are tapering now on the steroid? How much longer do you have on it? Did you read about the side effects in the paper work?

The steroid taper ended on Tuesday. The zithromax continues so we are at day 17 now. Rash gone this morning, ear thing is continuing. It was a very weird, non-itchy rash, just under the skin. The side effects were on wikipedia. Going to watch this weekend, and only bring her to our doctor if she has trouble breathing or seems to be swelling in the facial area. Might get the ear checked on Monday. She is in no pain with no fever.