ACN Latitudes Forums

Ts son with asthma, please help

lele

Please read this link first:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexology

It is talking about the zone therapy, which is the fundation of this foot massage:

Reflexology (zone therapy) is an alternative medicine, complementary, or integrated medicine method of treatment involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet and hand with specific thumb, finger and hand techniques without the use of oil or lotion. It is based on what reflexologists claim to be a system of zones and reflex areas that they say reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands, with the premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.[1] A 2009 systematic review of randomised controlled trials concluded that the latest available evidence does not show that reflexology is an effective treatment for any medical condition.

From wikipedia

Massage from reflex areas 1-6, massage with thumb for 100 times

Massage from reflex areas 1-6, massage with thumb for 100 times

reflex areas 1 - is the parathyroid gland, which is reflex zone for Seizures, massage on the big toe, from tip to the heel

reflex areas 2 - is the thyroid gland: massage with thumb for 100 times

reflex areas 3 - stomach and pancreas area, from the center of the foot to lateral of the foot direction;

reflex areas 4 - and neck area from little toe to index toe

reflex areas 5 - cerebellum and brainstem areas, from the toes to the center of the lateral direction 100 times

reflex areas V6 - sinus area, grasp five toes in one hand rub the five toes in a circle clockwise, 100 times by the other hand

I wish I could label on the picture.

what a hopeless and helpless mom I am! I am pretty sure the nasal spray and Singulair make his tics a lot worse, but I can't stop it since he has another asthma attack, and the only prevention drug we can use except singulair is steroid

Can't do anything but crying................

what a hopeless and helpless mom I am! I am pretty sure the nasal spray and Singulair make his tics a lot worse, but I can't stop it since he has another asthma attack, and the only prevention drug we can use except singulair is steroid

Can't do anything but crying................

Oh Lele, I am so sorry :( Have you seen a Naturopathic Dr.? Maybe they have some suggestions. It is such a helpless place sometimes being a parent especially when dealing with multiple issues. Know that you are a great mom, willing to look for answers, and that's all you can do right now! Is there any commonality with when he has an asthma attack? School, home etc. Maybe it is something that can be removed as a trigger? I don't have experience with asthma but do know that the cleaner the environment the less bronchial coughs our son got, plus eliminating dairy and wheat was huge for respiratory issues. I hope you can get some guidance from someone with more info than me. Just lending my best support and prayers.

Megan

Lele,

Have you talk to your ped re: intal? It doesn't work for everyone, but when it does, it works well. Typically, when one has an asthma attack, you use albuterol & not steroid. Steriod doesn't stop the asthma attack, it is a preventive medicine.

Also, singular does not work for everyone. If you tried it for awhile & no change, i would discontinued. My son was on Singular years ago, and it gave him constipation and it took me at least a year to get his bowel back to normal.

pat

Lele,

Have you talk to your ped re: intal? It doesn't work for everyone, but when it does, it works well. Typically, when one has an asthma attack, you use albuterol & not steroid. Steriod doesn't stop the asthma attack, it is a preventive medicine.

Also, singular does not work for everyone. If you tried it for awhile & no change, i would discontinued. My son was on Singular years ago, and it gave him constipation and it took me at least a year to get his bowel back to normal.

pat

Hi Patty,

We have never use intal before, since he had his first asthma attack on Sep. 20th, Dr. gave him Singulair. This is the 3rd week we put him on Singulair, hopefully by the end of this month we can see some improvment.

By the way, is Intal a steriod drug?

Thanks for sharing with us.God bless you.

Lele

Intal is a preventative asthma medication and it is cromolyn sodium and not a steriod. And it did not aggravate my son's tics.

I am curious why your ped put your son on Singulair when he has an asthma attack? Singulair is a preventative medicine. When your son has an asthma attack, does he take a bronialdialator med like albuterol(it is not steroid?

However, in my past experience, freq use of albuterol did aggravated my son's tics.

Pat

This is really bothering me a lot, Pat. When the first time my son got asthma attack on Sep 20th, he had really bad wheezing, cough, short of breath, chest tightening, and he was on antibiotics for 10days since there were some infection plus 10days albuterol nebulizer, after he recovered from the attack, the doctor started singulair, my DS was fine for 10days, but one night, he suddenly said he has wheezing, then we put the ear on his back and we can hear wheezing. But he didn't complain any other symptom at all. It is a week passed (no Albuterol), he still has this wheezing, it is a little bit wheezing in the morning and gone during the day. And if his head was straight forward, you can't hear it, otherwise, the wheezing is there.

I don't know if I need to give him albuterol inhaler or not, he didn't complain anything even though he is on sports. But he has occasionally cough with mucus.

I called his pedi, the doctor said if singulair doesn't work, he need steroid, I hate that.

It is so painful if you have a kid has multi health conditions.

Thanks for helping me.

lele,

i totally understand your stress, because my son has asthma too! And i know steriod is not good for his tics. And even albuterol can cause him to tic. Now, i am dealing w/his braces and it aggravates his OCD!

the asthma & allergy really makes people w/tic, TS, OCD really difficult to deal with.

i would add quercetin to your son's supplement. google it, not only does it block histamine, it also helps w/broniodilation. Also, it boosts your immune system. great stuff. we use Maxiflav from our ND. It is natural supplement that even pregnant mothers can take. Just remember, get a good brand, due to processing, not all quercetin is bioavailable. Sometimes, it takes a few tries to find out which brand works best for you.

try not to get too stress as it will catch up to you. i have been at this for 5 years now and the stress is really taking a toll on my emotional & physical health, and i am constantly seeing various drs. for my issues. the journey may be long & difficult, but w/your effort, your son will get better.

Pat

lele,

i totally understand your stress, because my son has asthma too! And i know steriod is not good for his tics. And even albuterol can cause him to tic. Now, i am dealing w/his braces and it aggravates his OCD!

the asthma & allergy really makes people w/tic, TS, OCD really difficult to deal with.

i would add quercetin to your son's supplement. google it, not only does it block histamine, it also helps w/broniodilation. Also, it boosts your immune system. great stuff. we use Maxiflav from our ND. It is natural supplement that even pregnant mothers can take. Just remember, get a good brand, due to processing, not all quercetin is bioavailable. Sometimes, it takes a few tries to find out which brand works best for you.

try not to get too stress as it will catch up to you. i have been at this for 5 years now and the stress is really taking a toll on my emotional & physical health, and i am constantly seeing various drs. for my issues. the journey may be long & difficult, but w/your effort, your son will get better.

Pat

Thanks for encouraging me, Pat.

I am suffering your pain. Before my son has his first asthma attack, he is 95% free of TS, with the using of Singulair and the steroid nasal spray, his tisc start to flare up, more and more vocal tics come back, and more and more shruging, lifting arms........But I have nothing to do to help him.

My heart was smeshed again.

Hi,

I don't have any advice for you, just a little piece of information that might be of interest to you and others?

I've recently learned that Singulair chewables contain aspartame, it makes Singulair sweet and more appealing for children to take. My son is senstive (tics) to artificial sweetners, flavors and colors so we've taken him off Singulair. Singulair pills you swallow do not contain aspartame. Other asthma meds have recently been stated to be more effective than Singulair. My son, however, is having issues (severe tics)with his inhaled meds too (steroids/dopamine)- so we're on a journey too. I'm glad for the info shared in this post and forum, I hope you, we all, make good connections and find a good place to stand and go from as many others have.

Jen

Hi,

I don't have any advice for you, just a little piece of information that might be of interest to you and others?

I've recently learned that Singulair chewables contain aspartame, it makes Singulair sweet and more appealing for children to take. My son is senstive (tics) to artificial sweetners, flavors and colors so we've taken him off Singulair. Singulair pills you swallow do not contain aspartame. Other asthma meds have recently been stated to be more effective than Singulair. My son, however, is having issues (severe tics)with his inhaled meds too (steroids/dopamine)- so we're on a journey too. I'm glad for the info shared in this post and forum, I hope you, we all, make good connections and find a good place to stand and go from as many others have.

Jen

Thanks Jan.

It is so painful to deal with multi health condition with a kid. My son's tics getting worse when he started his asthma prevention grug, and the wheezing of asthma is still out of control..................

I don't even know where to seek help

Lele