ACN Latitudes Forums

Ts son with asthma, please help

lele

This is another worriedmommy here in ACN forum, my ds is 8.5 years old and has TS for a year, and suddenly has an asthma attack 2 weeks ago, we send him for skin allergy test, and he is allergic with pretty much everything we tested, from tree pollen, grass pollen, weed pollen to animal hair, dust mites, mold..........i was so shocked!

He had all the tics people mentioned including blinking and grimmacing, shrugging shoulder, rolling eyee, clearing throat…….last year, I have done a complete elimination of his food allergies and many sensitivities. He has improved alot!, They're not entirely gone, but dramatically reduced and he is 90% tics free for months before he had his first time asthma attack.

Now we have to fight the asthma devil, and he started Singulair and a steriod nasal spray to prevent him from more asthma attacks for 3 days, and the shrug shoulder and lift arms tics come back.

Since he has a really bad environmental allergies, I am thinking about to treating w/NAET, cant let him take the antiallergy medicine forever.

Could anyone please give me some suggestion on how to control it or improve it since my heart was crashed. Is there any child asthma forum like the ACN I can seek help from?

Anything will be haighly appericiated.

Lele

Edited by lele

Hi lele

sorry you are having to go through this extra health challenge with your son.

I agree that the steroid nasal spray may be what is increasing the tics if it has more than localized absorption (steroids increase dopamine which in turn increases tics in TS)

hopefully one of the other parents who also has a child with asthma can offer advice

I have heard very very good things about quercitin helping with allergies so you may want to look into that

Hi lele

I agree that the steroid nasal spray may be what is increasing the tics if it has more than localized absorption (steroids increase dopamine which in turn increases tics in TS)

hopefully one of the other parents who also has a child with asthma can offer advice

I have heard very very good things about quercitin helping with allergies so you may want to look into that

As Chemar stated, we use Quecertin for our 5 year old son who has many food and environmental allergies. We also did a spray like that over a year ago when things were very bad for him, his outdoor allergies were out of control. This is also around the time that I really opened my eyes and saw the huge correlation between allergies and tics. His allergies were much better controlled this summer on the Quecertin. Please let me know if you have any questions. And my son is allergic to pollens, dust, ragweed, and highly allergic to mold as well.

Hi lele

Chemar,

Thanks for helping me.

Yes, that is what I am thinking about, maybe the steroid nasal spray may be what is increasing the tics.

When the docotor did his nasal smear and allery skin test, he just yelled ans said he has never seen any kid has such severe allergy as my son, and his nasal smear is +++, I don't even know what is that mean! He said my son has a lot allergy cels from the nasal smear microscopic slide, and give him the steroid nasal spray alone with the Singulair. What is that for? Is this means he has sinus infection?

Hi lele

As Chemar stated, we use Quecertin for our 5 year old son who has many food and environmental allergies. We also did a spray like that over a year ago when things were very bad for him, his outdoor allergies were out of control. This is also around the time that I really opened my eyes and saw the huge correlation between allergies and tics. His allergies were much better controlled this summer on the Quecertin. Please let me know if you have any questions. And my son is allergic to pollens, dust, ragweed, and highly allergic to mold as well.

Hi ameecram,

I am thinking on the alternative medicine too, what brand Quecertin product did you try on your kid?

Thanks for giving me such kindly help

lele,

I'm not sure so I hope some other moms or dads with children with asthma and TS will help (maybe Patty) the steroid nasal spray does not sound good. Anyone else feel that way?

cp

Hi cp,

I hate to give my son the steroid nasal spray, I may talk with the doctor and ask the aletrnative one.

Thanks for helping me.

Lele

Hi there. My son uses a Flonase nasal spray and I think it's a steroid and we've seen no issues using it. We also tried quercetin in the form of a nasal spray and in supplementation and I didn't see that help his tics or allergies, either. The Flonase periodically along with Zyrtec help the most, but neither really have any affect on the tics. The allergies themselves contribute to the tics, though, so I try to balance natural medicine with conventional meds. We did the NEAT 2 years ago and didn't really see it help with anything(tics or allergies).

We use mullein tea to thin out the mucous in his resp. system and I also give NAC along with Vitamin C to help with the respiratory problems. He is not asthmatic but the allergies can be pretty bad seasonally. Try researching the NAC, it's really been a lifesaver for us regarding congestion and coughs.

Bonnie

lele,

Sorry to hear your son has asthma. I know the frustration because steriod can aggravate tics.

When my son first started ticcing, i decided to treat his underlining issues, which is allergies & asthma. About 6 mos after starting NAET & diet modification, his asthma was gone, but it came back about a year and half later. Not sure why, suspected it may has to do w/bioset ( i switched from NAET to Bioset). Went back to NAET, but he still has asthma but better.

Here are some of the suggestions.

Quercetin helps w/allergies. Now not every brand works the same since each company processes it differently. We use Maxiflav.

For nasal allergies, i use Nasalcrom. It is OTC and it is sodium cromlyn. It is one of the safest medicine for allergies. I have tried Patanese, an antihistame nasal spray. It works fast & good but it is new on the market and it is a strong medicine. I have also tried a nasal spray made out of quercetin and it didn't help w/stuffy nose and it gave my son nose bleed, so did my daughter. My son also had nose bleed & sore throat from using steriod nasal spray.

For cold/cough/asthma, i give him Intal, it is also made out of sodium cromlyn. I start this as soon as first sign of cough/cold. If cough gets worse or along w/asthma, i add albuterol along w/Intal.

Also, first sign of cold/cough, i start him w/vit C, elderberry extract, in frequent doses. I also increase his qucertin to stop the progression of the cold. This really helps.

Local raw honey is helpful too for allergies. Make sure it is RAW & Local (w/in 5 miles is best).

I hope this is helpful.

Pat

lele,

Sorry to hear your son has asthma. I know the frustration because steriod can aggravate tics.

When my son first started ticcing, i decided to treat his underlining issues, which is allergies & asthma. About 6 mos after starting NAET & diet modification, his asthma was gone, but it came back about a year and half later. Not sure why, suspected it may has to do w/bioset ( i switched from NAET to Bioset). Went back to NAET, but he still has asthma but better.

Here are some of the suggestions.

Quercetin helps w/allergies. Now not every brand works the same since each company processes it differently. We use Maxiflav.

For nasal allergies, i use Nasalcrom. It is OTC and it is sodium cromlyn. It is one of the safest medicine for allergies. I have tried Patanese, an antihistame nasal spray. It works fast & good but it is new on the market and it is a strong medicine. I have also tried a nasal spray made out of quercetin and it didn't help w/stuffy nose and it gave my son nose bleed, so did my daughter. My son also had nose bleed & sore throat from using steriod nasal spray.

For cold/cough/asthma, i give him Intal, it is also made out of sodium cromlyn. I start this as soon as first sign of cough/cold. If cough gets worse or along w/asthma, i add albuterol along w/Intal.

Also, first sign of cold/cough, i start him w/vit C, elderberry extract, in frequent doses. I also increase his qucertin to stop the progression of the cold. This really helps.

Local raw honey is helpful too for allergies. Make sure it is RAW & Local (w/in 5 miles is best).

I hope this is helpful.

Pat

Thanks for sharing with us those good methods, Pat, I am really appreciated. We will have another doctor appointment after we finish 3 months Singulair, and I will stop that and try some NAET, how can I find a NAET doctor around us? What are they normally doing on treatment? I heard some Chinese doctor use acupuncture to help people with asthma attacked, or Chinese cupping, I may try that.

I will switch his nasal spray to the non steroid one, is that over-the counter or not?

Again, thanks a lot for helping me.

God bless you.

Hi there. My son uses a Flonase nasal spray and I think it's a steroid and we've seen no issues using it. We also tried quercetin in the form of a nasal spray and in supplementation and I didn't see that help his tics or allergies, either. The Flonase periodically along with Zyrtec help the most, but neither really have any affect on the tics. The allergies themselves contribute to the tics, though, so I try to balance natural medicine with conventional meds. We did the NEAT 2 years ago and didn't really see it help with anything(tics or allergies).

We use mullein tea to thin out the mucous in his resp. system and I also give NAC along with Vitamin C to help with the respiratory problems. He is not asthmatic but the allergies can be pretty bad seasonally. Try researching the NAC, it's really been a lifesaver for us regarding congestion and coughs.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

"Try researching the NAC, it's really been a lifesaver for us regarding congestion and coughs", that is really what we are looking for! My son always has a chear throat type tic, and coupled with a little bit mucous, I don't eaven know it is vocal tic or allergy.

By the way, what is NAC? N-ACETYL CYSTEINE (NAC) ? which brand do you suggest?

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Lele

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

"Try researching the NAC, it's really been a lifesaver for us regarding congestion and coughs", that is really what we are looking for! My son always has a chear throat type tic, and coupled with a little bit mucous, I don't eaven know it is vocal tic or allergy.

Lele

Hi Lele,

We use just about any brand as long as it's capsules that can be open. I usually mix the NAC(yes, N Acetyl Cysteine) with juice for ds.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Lele

Hi Lele,

We use just about any brand as long as it's capsules that can be open. I usually mix the NAC(yes, N Acetyl Cysteine) with juice for ds.

Hi Bonnie,

We will give him some for try, tahnks for your kindly help.

Lele