ACN Latitudes Forums

Vocal tic patient needing to take Lipitor for cholesterol problem

flower

I may have to start tkaing Lipitor for my high LDL and was wondering if that might aggrevate my tics in any way. Nervous about starting on new prescription meds even if it has nothing to do w/ tics, because i just have no idea how it may or may not affect my tics. :wacko: If you have vocal tics and have taken Lipitor, please let me know of your experience. Thank you!!

Flower

I may have to start tkaing Lipitor for my high LDL and was wondering if that might aggrevate my tics in any way. Nervous about starting on new prescription meds even if it has nothing to do w/ tics, because i just have no idea how it may or may not affect my tics. :wacko: If you have vocal tics and have taken Lipitor, please let me know of your experience. Thank you!!

Flower

If your vocal tics are caused and/or triggered by "toxins" (in my case mold) the cholesterol medicine may actually perform double duty and help reduce your tics by binding and eliminating the toxins that may be causing your tics, while also lowering your cholesterol at the same time.

flower,

My husband took lipitor a few years back. He only has vocal tics and we never saw any increase in them while on it. I would say he was around 41yo then. He does not take it anymore and has not for some years now.

Good luck,

cp