ACN Latitudes Forums

Update on Nicholas

abbe

Hello,

Just wanted to drop by to say hello. Halloween two years ago is when Nicholas' tics exploded. We are 100% tic free at this time. After dropping eggs and 90% wheat we haven't seen a thing. He is 9 years old and on 15 mg topamax as well as a supplements in am and pm (not too many)

I mostly wanted to stop by and encourage others that it can be done. It doesn't happen overnight but try and stay calm for your well being as well as your child's. I am so thankful to all of my friends on this forum. Please feel free to friend me on facebook.

abbe lang

Hello,

Just wanted to drop by to say hello. Halloween two years ago is when Nicholas' tics exploded. We are 100% tic free at this time. After dropping eggs and 90% wheat we haven't seen a thing. He is 9 years old and on 15 mg topamax as well as a supplements in am and pm (not too many)

I mostly wanted to stop by and encourage others that it can be done. It doesn't happen overnight but try and stay calm for your well being as well as your child's. I am so thankful to all of my friends on this forum. Please feel free to friend me on facebook.

abbe lang

that is such great news. can you share what supplements you are using and how you came to find that you needed to eliminate these items from the diet. I have tested my daughter but they were only skin patch tests so I am not sure how reliable they are. I did try gluten free for a long while but it did not seem to help. I am always interested in hearing what has worked for others. Thanks so much.

Great news, so happy for you & your son. It is also encouraging news for the rest of us. We have seen improvements on the supplements and have recently gone 90% dairy, gluten & wheat free. My son is being so good about it, but there are days I want to throw in the towel on the whole diet thing. But, we are only a month into it and I've heard it takes time, so we press on.

So do you think the results are as much the topamax as the natural treatments or vise versa? We aren't considering meds yet, but I'm just curious.

Again, that is great news. So happy for your family! :)

~Lynn

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I have been working so hard on launching my web site next week. I will share anything and everything to help the group, If it wasn't for this forum I think I would have been much worse off. It takes time to figure it all out believe me. I went after yeast, allergies, metals, screens, pyroulia, mycoplasma mold. You name it and I worked it out. One of the things I wanted to do was be sure to come back here and report when things were good because I always wondered if people dropped off the board when they were not in crisis. I think that is the case. If you want it might be helpful to look for my old posts. I would have to say I dont think the supplements are preventing his tics although I still have him on them twice per day. I dont think the 15 mg topamax is stopping them because he is 9 and his dose would be much higher for his weight. plus I have seen him tic with the topamax. I think it was cleaning up his gut and eliminating dairy, wheat and eggs. I did all sorts of allergy testing but it was the blood test from Great Plains that showed up wheat and eggs.

I hope this helps.

P>S> I referenced sheila's book in my website. It will be up tuesday. abbe lang

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry for taking so long to get back. I have been working so hard on launching my web site next week. I will share anything and everything to help the group, If it wasn't for this forum I think I would have been much worse off. It takes time to figure it all out believe me. I went after yeast, allergies, metals, screens, pyroulia, mycoplasma mold. You name it and I worked it out. One of the things I wanted to do was be sure to come back here and report when things were good because I always wondered if people dropped off the board when they were not in crisis. I think that is the case. If you want it might be helpful to look for my old posts. I would have to say I dont think the supplements are preventing his tics although I still have him on them twice per day. I dont think the 15 mg topamax is stopping them because he is 9 and his dose would be much higher for his weight. plus I have seen him tic with the topamax. I think it was cleaning up his gut and eliminating dairy, wheat and eggs. I did all sorts of allergy testing but it was the blood test from Great Plains that showed up wheat and eggs.

I hope this helps.

P>S> I referenced sheila's book in my website. It will be up tuesday. abbe lang

Congratulations on your son being tic free! I am just starting this journey and hope I can one day post the same type of comment. I looked at your website and saw all of the book references - is there any one book you would recommend to clean up my son's diet? and give ideas of what he SHOULD be eating? What type of dr did the allergy testing to uncover the wheat and egg allergy? I went to an allergist and they did the tests, i feel, just to appease me. Commenting that there is no tie to allergy and tourette's.....did you go to a specialized physician? your pediatrician? My son is also on topamax,Risperdal and Strattera with no relief. I am now looking into other avenues (tic tamer, EEG Biofeedback, changing his diet - going organic and gluten free) but I am so overwhelmed. I am picking up Natural treatments for tics today and I might pick up 150 healthiest foods on earth from your website listing. Thank you and again congratulations and good luck! Your website looks great by the way!

Edited by Chrisnick

Hey,

As far as books about eating go I have always been a healthy cook for my children and family. Embracing wheat free, dairy free and egg free has been the update for us. I must repeat as I always do I don't feel the topamax is keeping Nick tic free. For his weight his neurologist said he would be on 50 mg (just show you how heavy handed some of these dr's are with meds) What needs to be done I feel is to clean up the diet, wach for foods they are allergic to, watch for mold, and control yeast. It is alot but in a way if you and your whole family learn how to be mindful with healthy eating you and your family will be so much better off health wise. Thanks for checking out my web site. It was alot of hard work and I am very proud of my efforts..

abbe

Edited by abbe