ACN Latitudes Forums

Molluskum Contagiosum

I mentioned this before and found out several here have dealt with Molluskum Contagiosum. When I first discovered it, several months ago, my DS7 only had ONE spot. The doctor knew right away what it was and was amazed he only had one. She mentioned the treatments and said NO WAY would she want to do any of the options with him. My DS is obsessed with illness, pain and dying.

Well, during the past couple of weeks, he has developed about 20 of them :( I discovered the initial one is gone, but it left a small crater on his belly. Most are on his belly, but he know has some on his arms as well. I'm worried about these continuing to multiply and potential scaring.

Has anyone done any of the treatments to remove these? Everything I read says they are painful :( And it's not even a one shot deal - they have to do each one individually so it sounds torturous for my DS at the time.

Someone please tell me the treatments aren't that bad ;)

I mentioned this before and found out several here have dealt with Molluskum Contagiosum. When I first discovered it, several months ago, my DS7 only had ONE spot. The doctor knew right away what it was and was amazed he only had one. She mentioned the treatments and said NO WAY would she want to do any of the options with him. My DS is obsessed with illness, pain and dying.

Well, during the past couple of weeks, he has developed about 20 of them :( I discovered the initial one is gone, but it left a small crater on his belly. Most are on his belly, but he know has some on his arms as well. I'm worried about these continuing to multiply and potential scaring.

Has anyone done any of the treatments to remove these? Everything I read says they are painful :( And it's not even a one shot deal - they have to do each one individually so it sounds torturous for my DS at the time.

Someone please tell me the treatments aren't that bad ;)

Both of my daughters caught the molluscum virus on our cruise in August. My younger, non-pandas dd7 got them worse than my dd10, but they are not painful to either one. they are basically a small cluster of little warts that will go away on their own as long as they are left alone. My dd7 has them on the inside of her thigh and did scratch one open at first. The covered it up with a bandaid so she would leave it alone and prevent them from spreading. So far, a few have gone away and a few remain. The only reason our ped considered treatment was bcs she had "opened" one up, but since she has been able to leave them alone, we have opted not to treat.

Our non PANDAS son was diagnosed with this in September and probably had it for a month or two prior as he had a few bumps that I thought were part of his eczema. They are under his arm and down his side. We have left them alone and they have spread a bit. He had tympanoplasty this last Wednesday for an ear issue and has had a lot of pain with that. Therefore, I do not plan to treat the molluskum unless it gets much worse. I'm hoping it will gradually go away over a year's time.

My dd9 had a horrible case of them on her inner thigh. We did not do any treatment to get rid of them except steroid cream. I will say that when she went gluten free and started abx for undiagnosed strep, they went away completely within a month although she had bad marks from them for a long time. I always wondered if the doc was right and maybe it was not really molluscum but the dermatologist insisted on 2 occasions that this is what they were. She developed eczema at the same time. Her poor skin was a mess.

Later my dd7 got it and she had a very mild case, only gets 1-2 at a time.

I am so sorry your son is going through this!

Susan

usually when people come into my office with molluscum, if there is alot, we dab a bit with wart treatment. if there are just a few, we break them open with a pin or sharp thing, and squeeze out the little white waxy core, that's how to get rid of it, then wash really well. if you just open the skin right on top of it, and squeeze it out gently, it should heal without a scar. If you don't get the core out, it will probably grow back.

Hi, My friend's daughter got it about 7-8 months ago. They tried anti viral medicine which did not help, then they tried wheatgrass spray which helped a little but new ones would crop. It was all over her body.she went to India last month, someone advised her to apply neem leaf paste along with mustard oil. She did that for a week and all of them disappeared. She is fine now with nothing to tell that she had moluscum at all. She will be back in 2 days and I am waiting to see her. Will let you know in a few more days all the details. She also mentione that it has to be fresh neem leaves made to a paste and mixed with mustard oil.

My daughter had them (on her face!!) when she was a baby - the doc said let them run their course. She didn't seem uncomfortable with them, and they eventually went away on their own.

Interesting, isnt it, how many of these children have had these! There has to be a link there somewhere.