ACN Latitudes Forums

How to get Cam Kinase test kit

I need to know how to get a Cam Kinase kit from Dr Cunningham. I'm not going to get any help from my ped. I am going to have to find a new ped somehow. I took him to my ped 3 wks ago and requested strep titers. She agreed to do the ASO titer plus some other bloodwork. I called a week later and was told all normal. I picked up the written report Mon and the ASO titer was not done. I called the dr's office yesterday. The phone call was returned today telling me the lab made a mistake and did not run the ASO titer. I will not be charged. I can take my DS to the ped's office for a repeat blood stick or the lab will send a representative to our home to draw blood. However, our ped really doesn't think he needs to have the ASO titer since all the other results were so good.

I feel defeated and I've barely begun this journey.

Cindy

Edited by nicklemama

Hang in there Cindy! Get the Cunningham test. I held off for a long time because I though we were doing well with the doctors we have been seeing. Not that our doctors aren't doing their best, but I'm still beyond frustrated and finally contacted Dr. C. She responds herself, puts you in touch with a lab rep and they send you the kit. It's VERY easy! I know some have had trouble with their labs but I was lucky and had no issue.

The communication is wonderful and they make it as easy a process as possible. I'm waiting myself now for the results...

I contacted Kathy Alvarez in Dr Cunninghams lab. She responded promptly. They are not sending out kits right now. She said they were swamped w/ new clients and in the middle of revising the consent form. It has to be approved by the University so there will be a wait before the kits will be mailed out again.

Thank you all for the information.

Cindy

HI CINDY

I have 2 kits in my office, if you'd like i'd be more than happy to send one to you.

They were having some equipment problems the past couple of weeks, in the lab, so it slowed everything down.

But Kathy already had sent me these kits, so just let me know if you want it.