Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums

Ohh the questions...Does anyone have answers?


Recommended Posts

I know this is alot like your post dabel but a little different. DD12 is the one that had the sneeze tic and recently had T&A with high hopes of stopping this dreadful disease.No major symptoms since May but ASO of 409 and AntiDnaise of 776 in May.T&A end of July and tonsils looked like had multiple previous infections.DD has actually been doing well but had blood draw Sept 17(about 7weeks post T&A) Results-ASO 409 and AntiDnaise-871.What is this about?!DD just general not feeling well, still complains with chronic sore throat(not severe),slight stomach aches,pretty much daily headaches but nothing severe.Taking 500mg Azithrymician 3x week. Waiting on doctor to tell us what to do but truly floored with recent blood results!

 

What does all this mean? Do we take a wait and watch approach (kinda scary for ms control it myself) or does anyone have other suggestions. Maybe these blood levels are not high enough to be concerned about? HELP...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not any help on the blood levels because my son's are always elevated, but we did switch him to penicillin 250 mg daily a couple years back because the azith didn't seem to help. Maybe ask for a different antibiotic? A round of augmentin might help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is alot like your post dabel but a little different. DD12 is the one that had the sneeze tic and recently had T&A with high hopes of stopping this dreadful disease.No major symptoms since May but ASO of 409 and AntiDnaise of 776 in May.T&A end of July and tonsils looked like had multiple previous infections.DD has actually been doing well but had blood draw Sept 17(about 7weeks post T&A) Results-ASO 409 and AntiDnaise-871.What is this about?!DD just general not feeling well, still complains with chronic sore throat(not severe),slight stomach aches,pretty much daily headaches but nothing severe.Taking 500mg Azithrymician 3x week. Waiting on doctor to tell us what to do but truly floored with recent blood results!

 

What does all this mean? Do we take a wait and watch approach (kinda scary for ms control it myself) or does anyone have other suggestions. Maybe these blood levels are not high enough to be concerned about? HELP...

 

so are you saying that pandas is under control...but you have high titers?

 

if that is the case...JMHO...as learing each child is so different....

again jmo...maybe add 250 azith on the odd days to see if you can catch up to titers and bring them down....

and have you looked at throat...is there thrush...are you watching yeast..that could cause sore throat and belly issues......

 

or maybe see if you address yeast first then add a little more abx...

adjusting protocol to each kid is key...again jmo

Link to post
Share on other sites

We use Diflucan to address the yeast issue. Prescribed by our dr. Have you had allergy testing done? the low level head aches and stomach aches were they only symptoms of allergies that my dd complained about. The amount of phlegm she had running down her throat caused the stomach aches and the heach aches were sinus headaches. She is on Singulair to help control the allergies but at this time of year she's still having some phlegm issues because of the pollen levels. We had no idea she had allergies because she had no obvious symptoms like red itchy eyes or running nose, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

500 mg Azith. 3x weekly doesn't seem like much for a 12 year old...have you considered upping to 500mg/day to see if that helps?

 

I don't remember, did they culture the tonsils?

 

I know Worried Dad also ended up checking titers on all family members and treating everyone...it turns out he was a source of infection for his PANDAS son.

 

So re the high titers, I think I would:

1) check titers (and throat culture) family members, treat if needed (high titers etc.)

2) up 12 year old's Azith, and recheck titers in 2mo.

 

On the other hand...I'm glad your dd's symptoms are better. I just worry that the other shoe will drop if you ignore the titer situation!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is alot like your post dabel but a little different. DD12 is the one that had the sneeze tic and recently had T&A with high hopes of stopping this dreadful disease.No major symptoms since May but ASO of 409 and AntiDnaise of 776 in May.T&A end of July and tonsils looked like had multiple previous infections.DD has actually been doing well but had blood draw Sept 17(about 7weeks post T&A) Results-ASO 409 and AntiDnaise-871.What is this about?!DD just general not feeling well, still complains with chronic sore throat(not severe),slight stomach aches,pretty much daily headaches but nothing severe.Taking 500mg Azithrymician 3x week. Waiting on doctor to tell us what to do but truly floored with recent blood results!

 

What does all this mean? Do we take a wait and watch approach (kinda scary for ms control it myself) or does anyone have other suggestions. Maybe these blood levels are not high enough to be concerned about? HELP...

Hi,

It seems no one knows how long it takes for titers to go down, so you could just re-check every now and then and see if there is a downward trend.

But, I would strongly encourage you to check out Lyme if you haven't already done so. And maybe talk to your doctor about changing/upping antibiotics.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...