ACN Latitudes Forums

Those with high titers I need your opinion....

Our ped has told us that DS will likely respond with increased titers when exposed to strep, even though he won't actually "catch" it because he's still on abx. :wacko: In fact, she told us this back in the summer when DS was still on full, high-dose abx (2,000 mg. Augmentin XR per day) and we took him in because we were concerned that he had been re-exposed and we wanted a culture.

Dabel-

Have you considered giving the Augmentin XR a try? Since it seems you have success with the Augmentin. If you end up considering another IVIG, I would try to run the Igenex tests first. I also paid 13,000 for my daughter's first IVIG and then had two more, which fortunately were covered by insurance. We then received a positive Igenex Western Blot and are currently treating for lyme as well. Just this week, my daughter is again reacting to a virus--very frustrating! My thoughts are with you!

It looks like the co infection tests are going to need to be done. I have three kids with this. My older one that I am referring to in this post does not have symptoms of Lyme's so to speak. One of my other boys is a mess right now (totally different presentation though) and he does show many signs of Lyme's or something else. It is hard to keep coming up with the money up front for all of this. I can not wait until this changes for those who come after us!!

This forum is so nice and I want to thank all of you for your input and suggestions!!!