ACN Latitudes Forums

Does anyone else feel the fall is worse?

I know we've discussed this topic, but I'm resurrecting it for the new people. Many of us see waxing around the fall full(harvest) moons. We also see an exacerbation of other co-morbid symptoms in the fall. Last fall my ds had a major anxiety waxing issue. He was early waking and crying about some OCD intrusive fears, he was bed wetting, and he was inconsolable quite often. He's been fine since the end of November 2009 as far as the anxiety goes and hasn't had an issue. Fast forward to last week. It was a full moon and for about a week before the fullness, he was waxing with his tics. Once the full moon passed, the tics have subsided to a waning level and are barely noticeable. But, now he's already starting with the early waking times, LOL! I'm just praying that the anxiety doesn't rear it's ugly head this fall, but I truly believe that the change in seasons, change in allergens, and the full moon cycles in the fall all contribute to a waxing and stress period for him.

Would anyone like to add their stories here so newcomers can be a bit enlightened, LOL!?

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie...ours starts a little later...maybe a Canadian thing! Oud ds seems to start in November and struggles through until February. In fact, I even tend to warn his teachers as this time approaches. It seems like we have two seasons, winter viral, and summer humidity...doesn't leave much in between :)

Megan

In the fall my children (all three of them!) wax because they enter the schools that have poor indoor air quality (mold--schools have been closed up all summer long in the heat and humidity where mold spores grow). When they turn the heat on in the schools (and at home) it gets worse because the mold is now coursing through the air systems. In the summer, when it is humid, they wax, when the air quality has high mold spores. They also wax and wane as they spend time in water damaged buildings or sleep over friend's houses that have poor indoor air quality. We have found that maintaining the cleanest air quality in our home has had the best results in controling our children's tics.

Okay... so I spoke/typed too soon! The last few days have been so difficult for our ds, especially at night as he's trying to fall asleep. It hurts just to listen to him, what I wouldn't give for him to have one tic free evening! But I do have to say... I agree it seems to be change of season, change of allergens. I have no proof but these vocal tics are one's we associate with seasonal allergens, Imagine classic allergy symptoms clearing throat, cough etc and amp them up and these are his "waxing tics". You have me thinking even more now! His naturopath also commented that his tics are "allergy" sounding. Definately tics...but maybe something to look into even further, especially now while he is waxing...thanks Bonnie for the maybe unintentional push ;)

Megan

Hi!

My DS has dramatic neck jerks and assorted sudden movements that were gone all year. They are back this year, the same way they came back in SEP/OCT of last year, to then be gone by NOV. I thought maybe it had something to do with the soccer fields being sprayed with something that does not agree with him, but then again, they seem to bad all around.

Has anybody tried something successfully during the fall??

take care

Giulia

My sons tics get worse during allergy season.

My Dr warned Oct/Nov and April/May I may need to step up antiinflammatory regimen

including IVIG. The allergies affect histamine which creates an inflammatory response.

Quercitin, EFA's, antioxidant supplements, clean diet and greening the house help.

I have heard if things worsen during full moon that is often Parasites or Lyme.

my son actually seems to always improve once we are past harvest moon, though there are those mysterious waxes and wanes that do sometimes happen when least expected!

He actually seemed to have a very stable harvest moon phase this year, as opposed to many previous years. His overall diet and teas etc are really keeping him in a good place.

re the moon, many neurological conditions seem to have waxing at full moon, not just the ones caused by parasites.

• 2 weeks later...

Well how is your son doing these last few days before the full moon?

Mine is starting to wax, but I could kill him because he made a bet at the fire house the Giants would have a better play-off record then the Yankees, and if he loses he has to report to duty night in a dress. Do you know how many e-mails we are getting with guys putting their two cents in and telling my son he would look good in polka dots, panty hose, a mini skirt...My son's head tic goes nuts while he is waiting for the e-mails to come up. So I'm so confused and could not tell you all if this is causing the waxing or the soon to be full moon.

He better make it big in the sports world after all he has put me through!!!

CP

Well son has waxed these couple days and I really could not tell if it is because of the full moon or also other things too.

We are celabrating his 17th b-day this weekend, he is all excited he won the bet and the other guy has to wear the dress. And he has told me his teeth hurt or at least one tooth that still is being pulled down by the braces.

I'm at a loss... but it is not the vocals that have increased, it is his head/neck tic.

cp

Well son has waxed these couple days and I really could not tell if it is because of the full moon or also other things too.

We are celabrating his 17th b-day this weekend, he is all excited he won the bet and the other guy has to wear the dress. And he has told me his teeth hurt or at least one tooth that still is being pulled down by the braces.

I'm at a loss... but it is not the vocals that have increased, it is his head/neck tic.

cp

CP, sounds like your son has several stress related things going on at the same time. Not to mention the excitement over not having to wear a dress... I hope you all have a great birthday. - Chris