ACN Latitudes Forums

Importance of Checking Everyone

Often we've read here of parents or siblings coming down with strep or myco and treating them, but are you doing the immune panel too? If some of our PANDAS kids don't have high strep titers (35% according to Dr. Cunningham)some of the siblings or parents won't either. Both my hubby and I failed the pneumococcal antibody test and both have high c3d, I have 386 aso titer and hubby has over a 4 of mycoplasma! No wonder my son isn't recovering as easily as his sister in high school. Although he has improved, about 50%- 65%. Dr. T says we should stay away from our kids until we're treated. He doesn't know since we failed the pneumococal antibodies if we both have both but just aren't making titers! Plus suddenly I can't breath well. Very short of breath. All of the time. What the heck else do I have that they can catch?

So just a thought but if your kids aren't improving as well as they should, and you have low strep titers, well that might not mean a thing. Check your immune panel! Who knows???!!

Nancy

Edited by fcefxer

Yes we had immune panels done. Both failed pneumoccocal antibodies meaning we can't fight pneumonia. I believe this is strep pneumonia, but hubby has high mycoplasma but low ASO (strep titers) but who knows if he just doesn't get elevated strep titers but it's still an issue. His mycoplasma pneumonia titers were extremely high. My ASO was high, but I've had pneumonia 3 times last winter alone so Dr. T (GOD I LOVE DR. T!!) things I might not elevate those titers but have it. C3d I believe indicates active infection? My IGA is low, went from 110 to 59 in 10 years. This means (I believe that I'm prone to infections that settle in mucus membranes?)

We are an immune mess. He put me on Biaxin and Omnicef and hubby on Biaxin. The lyme suggestion is a good one, but I can't afford Igenex. My undies have more holes than cloth. $400 a piece is more than I can do right now. Daughter has Blue Cross, will they pay for Igenex so at least she (Miss line 41) can be tested? Lyme isn't catchy is it? I can live with not breathing and exhaustion if I don't share my germs for now!

On another note, we have officially started research with Dr. T to see if stuttering is a PANDAS symptom. Coool huh?

Nancy

Nancy,

thank you for this information. Are you saying you and your husband had immune panels done for yourselves too? What is cd3 mean? Is your kids on antibiotics now?

Hi Nancy, Were IgG and IgM elevated on Mycplasma? I can't remember, did your son have IVIG too?

Yes Joan, he did at 1.5 grams per kilo the third Monday and Tues of August. He is still improving, but I've been very careful to prevent germs from being shared any way thankfully. We're on antibiotics now, hopefully that will reinforce my efforts. OCD is gone, ADD is half better and has made friends at school! Tics are worse though...... How is your son?

Nancy