ACN Latitudes Forums

Prayers Needed

Now that you mention that, my dd8 also had a sore throat for a few days at the begnning of Sept. On the third day I looked inside and saw the bumps, too. We went to the doc, throat and lab cultured - both negative. Then a few days later did a blood draw. As for the blood test results it was actually the first time since March that her Anti DNase B fell in the normal range (we cultured her 2 or 3 times between then). Her sore throat went away on its own (or at least without changing the dose of abx she is on prophylactically.

Vicki, dd had same bumps last week, and I, but had two strep cultures and a blood culture and she does not have strep. There is a virus going around right now, bad sore throat, just getting over it. Hope this is what you guys have. Take care, if you need anything I am happy to help.

This morning, my daughter's white spot was already gone...so that's good. It's just a nerve wrecking time of year for me since our first exacerbation was on Sept 26, 2008. The thing with this is no sore throat at all, just the white bumps. the only reason I even looked in my own throat is because I check it daily now. Hopefully, mine will pass soon. It's a little better, but still 3 spots there on one tonsil.

This morning, my daughter's white spot was already gone...so that's good. It's just a nerve wrecking time of year for me since our first exacerbation was on Sept 26, 2008. The thing with this is no sore throat at all, just the white bumps. the only reason I even looked in my own throat is because I check it daily now. Hopefully, mine will pass soon. It's a little better, but still 3 spots there on one tonsil.

Yes, I guess not every white spot is strep! Funny how we are all so self-conscious about our tonsils these days! Last time I saw a white spot, it WAS strep, so you always have to check it out. I better go order some more rapids! We are still all on abx for another 2 weeks, I wonder what will happen when we are done.

I went to the doctor this morning. Rapid was negative, waiting on a culture, and got a script. This was a different doctor than usual, but actually knew what PANDAS was and understood why I needed to know if it was strep. Often, when my husband and I go to the doctor, the doctor assumes if an adult's rapid is negative it means no strep. Even though we've had false negatives. This is the first time i didn't have to request a culture for myself. I think this one may be a keeper for me and my hubby!

I went to the doctor this morning. Rapid was negative, waiting on a culture, and got a script. This was a different doctor than usual, but actually knew what PANDAS was and understood why I needed to know if it was strep. Often, when my husband and I go to the doctor, the doctor assumes if an adult's rapid is negative it means no strep. Even though we've had false negatives. This is the first time i didn't have to request a culture for myself. I think this one may be a keeper for me and my hubby!

That is really good news! Are PANDAS son's behaviors still in check?