ACN Latitudes Forums

Please be careful with ibuprofen

I just found yesterday, atbmy local supermarket of all things, an omega 3 chew that tastes like an orange starburst. It's made by Genesis Today and they're called super chews. My son is only 3 and he hasn't "responded" (aka " not spit out") to any of the supplements he tried. Dr M wants him on 350 mg Omega 3 per day - try doing that without a supplement of some kind - in a 3 year old. He LOVED these when he tried them yesterday, and they have 100 mg of Omega 3 per chew.

Thanks, I'll look into these. We've tried the gummies with her - my non-PANDAS son likes them, but my PANDAS daughter does not. So between that and Dr. B's comment about needing a ton of it, I didn't push it and just relied on the ibuprofin.

Maybe the sqeezers will be my answer to both...

Any particular place you've found on line with the best price?

Thanks,

Kara

I give DS Coromega Squeezers in lemon lime. They have a lot more Dha and Epa than what you find in the gummies. I order them online.

We use quercitin (it's called QBC Complex by SolaRay, and it's combined with bromelaine and Vitamin C). It has done wonders for DS's allergy symptoms.

Actually, curcumin and tumeric are two different things (I originally thought they were related, also); I think curcumin is related to cumin, though. We give these to DS also in capsule form as we don't cook with too much of either of these in our house.

yes, I agree. Use as little as possible, and for short term (for me that means a few days). Also, there is a least one member of the forum who has had hearing loss (I'm not sure if it is permanent) do to the use of ibuprophin and azithromycin.

Most of the loss was regained with a short (month) course of steroids. It was naproxen (not ibuprofen), but this can happen with any NSAID (both are NSAIDs). She was on very high doses for about a month. Loss is an extremely rare side effect. Nevertheless, these are ototoxic meds. I should note that the other possibility for the loss could have been autoimmune disease, but she has had that for years and never any changes in hearing. (she was tested regularly)

Edited by parents4eyes

One other question....what are some other natural anti inflammatories? I asked Dr. B about using fish oil and he said it wouldn't hurt but it would take an awful lot of it to get to the anti-inflammatory levels needed.

Thanks again,

Kara

Yes, it does take a lot and can add up $, but it does work. Both my childrens' blood tests show they are very anti-inflammatory. I should note my daughter was on these before pandas came about, but who knows how much worse she would have been. These are dosages give since about 8 years 65 lbs or so. Start off with half this to check for tolerance.

turmericforce by new chapter 4+ capsules spread out per day (could probably use any curcumin product. This is considered a very high dose.)

total EFA+DHA fish oil = 4000mg+ spread out through the day (make sure it is low in omega6 high in omega3)

BCQ by vital nutrients 2 caps 3x day (can mix in food, applesauce)

zyflamend (comes in small easycaps)1/2 adult dosage until 11 or 12 years then adult dosage.

yes, I agree. Use as little as possible, and for short term (for me that means a few days). Also, there is a least one member of the forum who has had hearing loss (I'm not sure if it is permanent) do to the use of ibuprophin and azithromycin.

Most of the loss was regained with a short (month) course of steroids. It was naproxen (not ibuprofen), but this can happen with any NSAID (both are NSAIDs). She was on very high doses for about a month. Loss is an extremely rare side effect. Nevertheless, these are ototoxic meds. I should note that the other possibility for the loss could have been autoimmune disease, but she has had that for years and never any changes in hearing. (she was tested regularly)

Thanks for the update and the detail. I'm so happy she is doing better!

I think I've seen these at Meijer...if you have one by you.

Thanks, I'll look into these. We've tried the gummies with her - my non-PANDAS son likes them, but my PANDAS daughter does not. So between that and Dr. B's comment about needing a ton of it, I didn't push it and just relied on the ibuprofin.

Maybe the sqeezers will be my answer to both...

Any particular place you've found on line with the best price?

Thanks,

Kara

I give DS Coromega Squeezers in lemon lime. They have a lot more Dha and Epa than what you find in the gummies. I order them online.

so curcumin is a part of tumeric? is tumeric the original form...

sorry..only 1/2 cup of joe..got to sleep in...

so would it be better to skip tumeric and get curcumin...

when i cook with it..i try not to put too much, to not change the taste of anything i make....

it does make thing orange

start slow...add more the next time..i think every little bit helps

i put it in ground meat of any sort..

a couple of dashes in soups.....

Querceitn...thats and anti-inflamatory...i thought it was a detoxer?

i started odorless garlic a couple of days ago...

a friend who has a little heart thing going..and is trying to get off sugar is using it

she said an hour after she takes it she can breathe better...opens right up

i asked if its allergies...she said no its inflammation from sugar...

idk

i don't have allergies...but put sugar in coffee...and alot of wine at night