ACN Latitudes Forums

Hanging upside down?

Don't quote me, but I think I read somewhere this could be a sign of a yeast issue. I remember reading about alot of climbing and rage issues with yeast issues in kids too.

This is interesting as I wondered about the yeast lately with my dd6. In facty the handstands/hanging upside down started after she had been on higher dose ABX for 8 weeks or so. I have been using a variety of strains of probiotics, but wonder if she needs something more? Just asked the ped. about this yesterday and she told me the most obvious symptoms of a yeast overgrowth would be GI related. I don't see any of those...but head standing~ I think she was probably on her head 100 times in two hours since we've been home.

Interesting, I found info on this site

http://www.spdbayarea.org/symptoms_of_yeast_overgrowth.htm

Nothing specific about hanging upside down, but alot of these behaviors seem to be what we are now dealing with. Tics disappeared after intial abx treatment. But now rage, add, and irritabiity seem to be whats left (along with some OCD). I had posted before about this, wondering if yeast overgrowth is what may be keeping us back a little. Maybe the abx work for a certain time, then yeast just prolongs the battle. I am going to try to transition of abx soon to see what happens. Wish me luck

sorry, I am just really stuck on this right now, here is another site

http://www.talkaboutcuringautism.org/medical/yeast-overgrowth-candida.htm

I am really thinking this may be an issue for some of us, really seems to fit the mold. As I said, I am going to try to transition off abx soon. I am thinking of trying colostrum. I worked in veterinary medicine for many years (not that our children are animals) but I know (as a registered veterinary nurse and a Registered nurse) that our physiology is almost identical. Anyway, I had a patient (old english sheep dog) that had a severe chronic sinus infection that was fungal. We did weekly sinus infusions under sedation for this poor dog with antifungal medications for MONTHS. His mother, unhappy with his progress, tried colostrom. GONE, WITHIN DAYS! I don't know, I am thinking of trying it. Anyone have any experience trying colostrum?