ACN Latitudes Forums

"Under our skin" available through Netflix

matis_mom

I really wanted to see this and show it to my dh, but really could not justify the expense of buying it. I just checked it out and it's available through Netflix. Not your "date" kind of a movie, but we'll cuddle up with some popcorn and freak ourselves out! I guess it could be considered a "thriller"?

It is depressing to watch at times but they all get better with the right treatment so watch it until the end. That's great that it is available through Netflix. I didn't know that. It really explains a lot about how widespread lyme is and how it can manifest itself in so many ways. Unfortunately it does not go into detail about all of the ways in which lyme can cause psychological symptoms (b/c the movie covers so much). They don't mention OCD, tics, etc. but a entire movie could be done just about the psychological/neurological effects of lyme. What I like the most about the movie is that it clearly shows how biased a few infectious disease doctors are who are involved in writing the guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme Disease. This is a very important thing for people to understand. The whole process is very tainted with egos and financial conflicts and it is making it very difficult for patients to get treated properly for Lyme. The doctors who treat lyme disease like Dr Jones and many others are getting attacked and persecuted all over the country b/c of these flawed guidelines from the Infectious Disease Society of America that say that chronic lyme doesn't exist and that 3 weeks of antibiotics should be enough to treat lyme (what a joke). You all know how hard it is to get rid of strep so why is it so hard to believe that it can be this hard to get rid of Lyme, which is a stealth pathogen that knows how to change forms in the body to evade antibiotics. I think Cure Unknown by Pamela Weintraub is even better than the movie and she has such a great way of telling a story and a good sense of humor. Some people might not have time to read it so the movie is a good quick intro to Lyme.

My husband is slowly starting to get educated about Lyme but he doesn't really have the time (or patience :) ) to read "Cure Unknown" so perhaps this movie would be a good intro for him. Especially since we have an upcoming LLMD appt for our son in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the info.

I really wanted to see this and show it to my dh, but really could not justify the expense of buying it. I just checked it out and it's available through Netflix. Not your "date" kind of a movie, but we'll cuddle up with some popcorn and freak ourselves out! I guess it could be considered a "thriller"?

Thanks! I too had wanted to see this, but was floored by the price of buying the movie, so I forgot about it. I just checked and was able to "Save" it in my Netflix queue, but it isn't available yet and doesn't say when it will be.

Shoot! I didn't realize that. Maybe if a lot of people request it, they'll have it available sooner...