ACN Latitudes Forums

Anyone currently under the care of Dr. Trifiletti?

colleenrn

We do not use him. But I remember just contacting him through his website asking some general trend questions and getting a response from him very quickly.

http://www.site.neurokidsr.us/

I was wondering what is the best way to get in touch with Dr. T if you have already done a phone consult with him.

TIA.

Colleen

I was able to speak with him by phone, I just called the office. He was very nice and knowledgeable to speak with, actually spent more than a half hour speaking with me. I have made appointment in two weeks to go to NJ with my 7 year old son. I have suspected PANDAS for a little while, but have only had some antibiotics for him a few times. He seems to get better on antibiotics, but it is hard to tell. We have only been given amoxycilin by our local pediatrician.

Thank you to anyone who has any experience on what to expect, I am very new to all this and am finding it hard to read all the information here, I am confused already.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Colleen,

I noticed on the latitude pandas forum that you live in Virginia. I do to, and my ped. will not look into pandas...doesn't "buy into" it. I saw that you consulted with Dr. T?? I am desperate, as time is marching on, and we are 4 months into this, tics getting worse...well over a dozen or more, more and more constant. The problem is that she's had mild ocd for a long time, and had two little tics a couple months before the fever that kicked things in. Also, I am not certain that this was even from strep this time, although there could have been strep a number of times....I just never take her in:( I am not scheduled with Dr. Latimer till dec. 23, but I am not "sold" on her....does she look into everything or just go for sterioids,abx and ivig?? I don't know if this may be Tourette's, so trying to figure that out. Thanks if you have any info. Wendy

I was wondering what is the best way to get in touch with Dr. T if you have already done a phone consult with him.

TIA.

Colleen

We just started under Dr. T's care. I emailed him and he replied 1/2 hour later! Then I called and he spoke with me for almost an hour! He gave us a list of blood tests and we are scheduled for a formal phone consult when the blood tests are completed. I am VERY happy with our experience so far. His contact info is on the website that KaraM posted. Good luck!

On Friday night, I desperately sent Dr T a lengthy email at his website and called his office number and left a short message. He sent me an email back giving me a time frame to call him on Sat morning and that's how we started. Took DS6 in on Monday to ped's w/ the list of blood tests to run and abx. Started abx. Waiting on results.

Cindy

Edited by nicklemama

Eljomom-

I did a phone consult in June with Dr. T and we did a lot of blood work. If you don't want to wait until Dec. to see Dr. L, you could do a phone consult with him almost immediately. He is a pediatric neurologist in NJ. I have heard wonderful things about Dr. L too. I would just be concerned to not have antibiotics for that long.

Colleen

Please let us know how follow-up goes....that is where i have concerns.

[

quote name=momcap' timestamp='1287578728' post='88987]

We just started under Dr. T's care. I emailed him and he replied 1/2 hour later! Then I called and he spoke with me for almost an hour! He gave us a list of blood tests and we are scheduled for a formal phone consult when the blood tests are completed. I am VERY happy with our experience so far. His contact info is on the website that KaraM posted. Good luck!

Again, please keep us posted on follow up. I am about ready to consult with him, but have heard that follow up after phone consult/labs being ordered is not great..

On Friday night, I desperately sent Dr T a lengthy email at his website and called his office number and left a short message. He sent me an email back giving me a time frame to call him on Sat morning and that's how we started. Took DS6 in on Monday to ped's w/ the list of blood tests to run and abx. Started abx. Waiting on results.

Cindy

Again, please keep us posted on follow up. I am about ready to consult with him, but have heard that follow up after phone consult/labs being ordered is not great..

Cindy