ACN Latitudes Forums

Chelation therapy DMSA and vocal tics / Coprolalia

Ivan C

I have Tourette Syndrome, particularily the vocal tics where I have to yell the right feeling and pitch in an indoor environment. I also have Coprolalia where I may say inappropriate words to the right feeling in order to grab someone's attention.

I am currently trying chelation therapy using DMSA pills. I was seeing a naturopathic doctor for this. It has been about 2 months into it. The Naturopathic doctor says that about 1.5 years later, the tics should dramatically decrease.

I have done the urine test and it shows very elevated levels of aluminium, lead and especially mercury. He says that elevated Mercury and Lead usually causes neurological problems.

My personal blog of Tourettes is: http://mindinsidetourette.blogspot.com/

Edited by Ivan C

Hi and welcome

yes we have quite a lot of discussion here about the need to get rid of heavy metal and other toxins

it does not "cure" TS, but it sure does help a lot

my TS son had high mercury, and used the herbal supplement Chlorella followed by a short course alpha lipoic acid

We saw improvement fairly soon and it was I think about 3 months total on the treatment.

He also had accompanying acupuncture and biofeedback (NOT neurofeedback!) to assist in the detox

And the Epsom Salts baths were a great help with the magnesium in them calming tics and the sulfate aiding the detox process

I hope you will also read about the many other triggers that can be eliminated or reduced to help with tics.

I have a link in my signature about what helped my son and other members here also have their own stories of what helps.

btw, often when you have to do tics to get them "just right" that is known as Tourettic OCD, a type of OCD that seems unique to TSers, where tics and OCD sometimes "morph" into each other

Hi,I have read on the Amy yasko forum. That high aluminum can be because of strep somewhere in the body. Maybe such as in the gut. Have you looked into Pandas before? It might be worth looking into if you have high aluminum in your body. Just a thought. Have you ever had a Igg food intolerance test done or used TS-plus? Char..

Hi,I have read on the Amy yasko forum. That high aluminum can be because of strep somewhere in the body. Maybe such as in the gut. Have you looked into Pandas before? It might be worth looking into if you have high aluminum in your body. Just a thought. Have you ever had a Igg food intolerance test done or used TS-plus? Char..

Hi,

I am not sure what is PANDAs...I don;t think I have a strep bacteria in the body. As for food intolerance, I think I can eat a variety of food very well with no allergic reactions to them.

Ivan

Hi and welcome

yes we have quite a lot of discussion here about the need to get rid of heavy metal and other toxins

it does not "cure" TS, but it sure does help a lot

my TS son had high mercury, and used the herbal supplement Chlorella followed by a short course alpha lipoic acid

We saw improvement fairly soon and it was I think about 3 months total on the treatment.

He also had accompanying acupuncture and biofeedback (NOT neurofeedback!) to assist in the detox

And the Epsom Salts baths were a great help with the magnesium in them calming tics and the sulfate aiding the detox process

I hope you will also read about the many other triggers that can be eliminated or reduced to help with tics.

I have a link in my signature about what helped my son and other members here also have their own stories of what helps.

btw, often when you have to do tics to get them "just right" that is known as Tourettic OCD, a type of OCD that seems unique to TSers, where tics and OCD sometimes "morph" into each other

Hi,

Yes the naturopathic doctor said that it's not a cure, but is a way to dramatically reduce the tics.

I can give an example of a just right feeling - like for instance, when I am in a restaurant, I have to yell the right pitch and get the right echolization, and people in the restaurant thought is a chair squeaking or a bird in the restaurant.

I do agree some of this Tourettes has some OCD related, because OCD is also all about negative thoughts and getting the right feeling.

Also I am taking multivitamins that includes Vitamins B's complex in them.

Hi Char, I have not heard that high Aluminum can indicate Strep. Do you know why? Very interesting.

Trg girl, if you go to Amy yasko's discussion group, Dr. Yasko explains why. When you go to the discussion group go to search and type in strep and Aluminum and you'll find it. Members on there discuss it too. Char..

There are researches and reports out there that removing heavy metals and mercury help people with Autism. So I also suspect that it should also help people with Tourette's, since heavy metals and mercury has a very negative impact on the neurological system.

It's been 2 months into the chelation, and I felt better I think.