ACN Latitudes Forums

Patients of Dr. L or Dr. B

PKM

I live in Canada and my doctor is submitting a request to have my son looked at in the USA. I was asked if I wanted to see Dr. Latimer or Dr. Bouboulis. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has experience with either doctor that might be willing to PM me so that we can chat?? I am having a hard time deciding and would like to talk with some others before making my decision.

Thanks!

PKM

We have our first appointment with Dr. B next week. It was a month from my first call. I can tell you that I waited a month for Dr. Nicolaides' office to RETURN my call for an appointment, although I repeatedly called them to be sure I wasn't forgotten. They finally called today and said they are booking for late November soonest.

Edited by laure

Here's our experience:

We have been patients of Dr. L for many years (oldest DS has other issues that we see her for and now middle DS is a PANDAS patient). I know that her scheduling was a little crazy this summer and I imagine that she is still catching up (plus, I don't think that she is back in the office quite full time yet) due to her son's incredibly sad accident. I have always found the office staff (and Dr. L) to be very responsive and caring.

I am happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Sally

Very sorry! I edited my reply to your first question - it was not Dr. L we called, it was Dr. Nicolaides whose office took over a month to call back to then try to schedule an appointment. Dr. B's office much more helpful and friendly. Very supportive with questions, etc. Dr. L I have not contacted. Sorry for my confusion - Newbie here.

• 2 months later...

I live in Canada and my doctor is submitting a request to have my son looked at in the USA. I was asked if I wanted to see Dr. Latimer or Dr. Bouboulis. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has experience with either doctor that might be willing to PM me so that we can chat?? I am having a hard time deciding and would like to talk with some others before making my decision.

Thanks!

PKM

we have seen dr trifiletti.. none of the others.. and he is extremely bright and open-minded.

It really is best to keep all personal critiques, positive and negative, to PM if they are going into detail. A short post that one saw a doctor, and felt good (or bad) and then a "will PM with details" is fine.

We just want to avoid upsetting patients ( and their favorite doctors) by having too much detail here, so keeping it short and simple in posts is best, and then elaborate in PM if needed.

Thanks!

PKM

I don't know if you've already listened to these autism one podcasts http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3928&pid=75348&start=&st=#entry75348

They are VERY good. There is one with Dr. Latimer (and Laura), one with Dr. T. (and Lynn Johnson), and one with Dr. K. (Sorry no Dr. B.) They are packed with PANDAS information and since each is an hour long interview, they might give you a "feel" for the different docs.

BTW, you can load the podcasts into your ipod or iphone and listen to them on the go.

Edited by EAMom