ACN Latitudes Forums

Article about flu shot & H1N1

Measles is a serious disease. If my kids were not already vaccine injured, I would give the separated measles vaccine. But if my choice was the MMR or no vaccine, I would not do the MMR. It is just too dangerous (and ofcourse, I know so many of its victims personally). It is hard to shake the image of what it has done to so many kids. Here is one more link. It is important to read if you get the chance, not just because of the fact that this young man (Josh) was injured as a toddler by the MMR - what is really shocking is how he and his family was treated after:

http://www.ageofauti...er-his-mmr.html

I can never forget about him, his story is sunk into my brain forever.

Oh. My. God. The tears will not stop coming. That was one of the saddest things that I've ever read, right up there with Jamie Forschner for me. I am so grateful for the health that I do have, & stories like that remind me to count my blessings. God bless doctors like Dr. Kovacevic, Boubolis, Nicolaides, Burrascano, Charles Ray Jones, & everyone else risking it just to fight for us.

I swear to you I wrote "our kids" on the first try. Sometimes it's a bit difficult not to feel like a Mom, too.

Thank you for sharing that. <3

The only reason that I have yet to write down my experiences with my health (whatever it all is that is at play here) & the world of medicine is because my story has no end. I didn't want to start writing until I could give it a happy ending; me being treated. Me feeling better. Me helping other kids to do the same. But after reading that I think that I'm going to. Granted, there's nothing I can say that could even possibly compare to what Josh & his mother have been through, but I feel like we owe it to brave people like him & his Mom for raising awareness & not being afraid to share their stories. I want to be one of those people. I've talked about it on the forum before, but I'm going to make a difference in the world of P.A.N.D.A.S. (& maybe Lyme too) & that story was the final motivation that I needed. The privatized business that is the vast majority of the medical field needs to be exposed for what it really is; politics & money. People need to be reminded that doctors are meant to HEAL, not charge & treat.. I can't sit by quietly with the thought that I could possibly contribute to help kids all across the spectrum; from myself, to Josh, to every single other misunderstood, afflicted child on this forum & beyond. It's about time we were heard.

I know, me too, I have read Josh's story several times before, but re-read again tonight, and it just tears me up. Even being the mother of two kids with similar stories, just not as severe, Josh really stays in my mind and in my heart.

Emerson, I know you are really going to make a difference in the world. You have such an incredible mind and the heart to go with it!

Measles is a serious disease. If my kids were not already vaccine injured, I would give the separated measles vaccine. But if my choice was the MMR or no vaccine, I would not do the MMR. It is just too dangerous (and ofcourse, I know so many of its victims personally). It is hard to shake the image of what it has done to so many kids. Here is one more link. It is important to read if you get the chance, not just because of the fact that this young man (Josh) was injured as a toddler by the MMR - what is really shocking is how he and his family was treated after:

http://www.ageofauti...er-his-mmr.html

I can never forget about him, his story is sunk into my brain forever.

Oh. My. God. The tears will not stop coming. That was one of the saddest things that I've ever read, right up there with Jamie Forschner for me. I am so grateful for the health that I do have, & stories like that remind me to count my blessings. God bless doctors like Dr. Kovacevic, Boubolis, Nicolaides, Burrascano, Charles Ray Jones, & everyone else risking it just to fight for us.

I swear to you I wrote "our kids" on the first try. Sometimes it's a bit difficult not to feel like a Mom, too.

Thank you for sharing that. <3

The only reason that I have yet to write down my experiences with my health (whatever it all is that is at play here) & the world of medicine is because my story has no end. I didn't want to start writing until I could give it a happy ending; me being treated. Me feeling better. Me helping other kids to do the same. But after reading that I think that I'm going to. Granted, there's nothing I can say that could even possibly compare to what Josh & his mother have been through, but I feel like we owe it to brave people like him & his Mom for raising awareness & not being afraid to share their stories. I want to be one of those people. I've talked about it on the forum before, but I'm going to make a difference in the world of P.A.N.D.A.S. (& maybe Lyme too) & that story was the final motivation that I needed. The privatized business that is the vast majority of the medical field needs to be exposed for what it really is; politics & money. People need to be reminded that doctors are meant to HEAL, not charge & treat.. I can't sit by quietly with the thought that I could possibly contribute to help kids all across the spectrum; from myself, to Josh, to every single other misunderstood, afflicted child on this forum & beyond. It's about time we were heard.

From what I have heard, most kids are still immune to MMR by kindergarden. I ran titers on my oldest son at age 5 and he was still immune. They didn't even check for Hep B or Pertussis, as these don't last long.

Do you think one shot of the MMR may be enough for immunity? When I told my ped that I would test titers when my daughter turns 5, he said there was a chance she would sill have immunity to all of them except pertussis. I was pleasantly suprised he even told me that since a couple minutes earlier he was trying to talk me into giving her the chicken pox, MMR combo! My boys both have had both MMR shots (both finished kindergarten shots prior to learning about PANDAS and possible reaction to vaccines), but my 4 year old daughter has not.

Forgive me if this is a bit off topic, but I'm a tad confused. After posting about all of my siblings getting The Whooping Cough I decided to read up on it for the first time & stumbled upon the fact that you're supposed to develop an immunity to it whenever you get it. But I can think of at least two or three of them who have had it more than once, including my autistic brother, the oldest of which JUST turned twelve years old.. How could that happen & what could that mean??

I'm sorry, I thought I had opined on your question already but I may have posted it somewhere else. (I have a sinus infection and my head is so fuzzy today).

Do you know if your sibblings have lab confirmed pertussis, or was it a clinical diagnosis based on symptoms? Sometimes docs won't test for pertussis if a child has been vaccinated, thinkig they are protected. But many cases turn out to be in vaccinated kids. And some doctors will jump to the conslusion that it is Whooping Cough if the child hasn't been vaccinated and won't test thinking that MUST be it. But if they hadn't been vaxed and had lab confirmed perutssis more than once, that would be pretty unusal and mean that there is some immune dysfunction going on where the body is not launching the proper response. In that case, a vacciation wouldn't be of much use. So in someone like that, vaccination for pertussis would be all risk with no benefit if the real deal isn't triggering a response.

Forgive me if this is a bit off topic, but I'm a tad confused. After posting about all of my siblings getting The Whooping Cough I decided to read up on it for the first time & stumbled upon the fact that you're supposed to develop an immunity to it whenever you get it. But I can think of at least two or three of them who have had it more than once, including my autistic brother, the oldest of which JUST turned twelve years old.. How could that happen & what could that mean??

Vicki, The strain of pertussis that is running around the US right now is not the same strain in the vaccination. The current vaccine is useless in preventing the current strain. Even with the 6th DTP added to vaccine protocol, they have not seen a reduction in pertussis. They will need to come out with a new vaccine, like they do with the flu shot, since the pertussis strain has evolved. So vaccination will not help, and may hurt. We need to know what we are vaccinating for before we give these shots to our kids, why vaccinate if it doesn"t prevent the illness. Contact mayo clinic vaccine dept for more info.

Thanks nevergiveup, that confirms what I have heard - the vaccine is not preventing pertussis. And in vaccine circles, pertussis is the grand daddy of brain damage vaccines. Back when they used whole cell pertussis it was a lot more dangerous. But even the acellular version can cause severe brain damage. That is some pretty big risk for some pretty poor benefit.

Vicki, The strain of pertussis that is running around the US right now is not the same strain in the vaccination. The current vaccine is useless in preventing the current strain. Even with the 6th DTP added to vaccine protocol, they have not seen a reduction in pertussis. They will need to come out with a new vaccine, like they do with the flu shot, since the pertussis strain has evolved. So vaccination will not help, and may hurt. We need to know what we are vaccinating for before we give these shots to our kids, why vaccinate if it doesn"t prevent the illness. Contact mayo clinic vaccine dept for more info.