ACN Latitudes Forums

clindamycin..how long stay on it..should you taper off like vanco

Fixit

ds had it in iv on friday..we started dosing 3x a day at 150mg..he weighs 75-80...

we have 7 more days to go on this

how long can you stay on this...?

i read it is used when treating things are vanco resistant...

that being said..betty04 mentioned per her dan, that you should not stop vanco cold turkey but ween off over the course of a month..or clostridia will come back...

are there other properties that clinda has ie anti-inflammaorty, immune modulating.(other than slowing bacteria)

i want to make sure when ds comes off it is the right way...i think that it is crucial...

anyone with info or the abx informed PLEASE responed......

Don't know, but, my husband has taken Clindamycin a couple of times....never had to wean off it. Call your pharmacist and ask...they will know!

How is your son doing post t&a?

well i guess i'm asking more from a panda/pit (dan) aspect..

vanco they say 14 days then done..but a dan that betty uses says do your 2 weeks then ween off over the course of a month...i guess to not come back into a life cycle.or maybe rebound...idk the aspects of it ...trying to understand...

and thanks for asking...

i can't even type as i have goose bumps on my arms...please don't ask more right now..i think i'm dreaming and don't want to wake up :wub:

I won't ask, but it must be something good! :D

I'll keep you in my prayers.

We saw a resolution of the few remaining tics for my older son after t&a when he was 7. (he is now almost 11)

Scheduling t&a for younger son to be done this Nov.

TAKE CARE!

Update when you feel comfortable!