ACN Latitudes Forums

Mom positive for mycoplasma pneumoniae

colleenrn

I have read all of the old posts I can find on mycoplasma pneumonia and can't find the answer I am looking for.

I posted this summer about doing comprehensive lab work on my 4 children and myself. My ASO was 396 and my streptozyme 400. I took 21 days of zithromax 750mg in July and have not had my levels restested yet.

BUT, this morning I was looking at all our labs again in attemptiong to compose an email to Dr. T (he ordered our labs after a phone consult in June and we still have not discussed the results or any plan of action, so I am trying to figure it out by myself).

I don't know how I overlooked this, but my M.pneumoniae is 2.27 which is high (the normal is <.90 and the positive is anything over 1.1. I had not been sick, no cough, no symptoms whatsoever.

Can anyone advise me or help me figure this out.

TIA.

Colleen

I'm not 100%sure, but I think zithromax is what u might be prescribed for that, so might have taken care of two bird w one stone. Maybe your doctor caught that in test results and that is why he gave u that particular antibiotic. Again, I'm not sure iof that -I would google treatment for it, but do know that azithromycin is one of the antibiotics that goes intracellular and mycoP has no cell wall, I'm pretty sure that is one of the antibiotics used to treat it.

I'm not 100%sure, but I think zithromax is what u might be prescribed for that, so might have taken care of two bird w one stone. Maybe your doctor caught that in test results and that is why he gave u that particular antibiotic. Again, I'm not sure iof that -I would google treatment for it, but do know that azithromycin is one of the antibiotics that goes intracellular and mycoP has no cell wall, I'm pretty sure that is one of the antibiotics used to treat it.

I was thinking the same thing. So, maybe your could re-test both strep titers and myco. p. and see if they are lower.