ACN Latitudes Forums

flu shot for the rest of family?

danddd

Hi everyone,

I know many of you are not going to get the flu shots this year.

dd9 is 3 weeks post ivig so she wont be getting one, but i am wondering what to do about the rest of us?

especially her 4 yr old sister.

the mist can "shed" and affect pandas kids right?

what about the shot? if her sister got one, could it cause a reaction to dd?

what are you all doing about the rest of your family?

thanks,

dan

Hi Dan-

If only we had a crystal ball....

We will not get any more vaccines.

I would suggest to a family with one pandas child, to be very careful about vaccines for any of their other children (especially younger). Just look at the incidence in siblings thread. I have two pandas kids- as do quite a few of us. Some have seen vaccinations contribute to exacerbations and maybe even initial onset.

I would err on the side of caution.

My dd did get H1N1 last year within a month of PEX (worst nightmare-right?). She did start to spiral down into a pandas episode, but it was completely turned around with a steroid burst.

So instead of vaccines, I would get a 30 day steroid taper (if your dd has responded well to steroids prior) Rx, and keep it in your cabinet if it is needed.

I agree, vaccinations, especially those with mercury, play havoc with the immune system. An immune system gone haywire (autoimmune) is thought to be the reason behind PANDAS, so I would think other members of the family would be at risk for immune dysfunction as well.

I have plenty of Vitamin D3, Elderberry and antioxidants such vitamins E and C on hand during flu season, and we always do fine. For us, I would not risk another vaccination for either child.

And yes, the Flu Mist does indeed shed. The package insert said that a person who takes it should avoid immunocompromised people for 3 weeks. OYE!

I agree, vaccinations, especially those with mercury, play havoc with the immune system. An immune system gone haywire (autoimmune) is thought to be the reason behind PANDAS, so I would think other members of the family would be at risk for immune dysfunction as well.

I have plenty of Vitamin D3, Elderberry and antioxidants such vitamins E and C on hand during flu season, and we always do fine. For us, I would not risk another vaccination for either child.

And yes, the Flu Mist does indeed shed. The package insert said that a person who takes it should avoid immunocompromised people for 3 weeks. OYE!

So what about school? if most kids her age 5-6 get the mist right? and it sheds??? I just can't keep up with everything?

so if we get the flu shot without mercury would it be ok?

Tracie