ACN Latitudes Forums

"Tourette's uncovered"

giulia

Hello everybody!

I was wondering if anybody watched the special on Monday night, and what they thought. I was a little disappointed that there was no mention on what we are doing on this forum: allergies, hypersensitivities, supplement, magnesium, epsom salt, acupuncture, etc. and the impact on tics. In fact, one of the kids' mother said they were trying a holistic approach, but it was not working. To me it was not completely informative, because somebody watching this trying to get info should be told that this is a definite good option, and many people are benefiting from it. Anyway, I just wanted to check if anybody had any comments. Thank you

Take care,

Giulia

Hi Giulia :)

I intentionally did not watch as I find that most of those kinds of productions, especially with a title like that <_< will just be the same old stuff that keeps getting remade in different ways!

what we need is a comprehensive production with balanced perspective.

but so far I have never seen or heard of one, and I just get irked when I watch one's like this one sounded it was going to be!

Hi Giulia :)

I intentionally did not watch as I find that most of those kinds of productions, especially with a title like that <_< will just be the same old stuff that keeps getting remade in different ways!

what we need is a comprehensive production with balanced perspective.

but so far I have never seen or heard of one, and I just get irked when I watch one's like this one sounded it was going to be!

I agree. Even though I'm new to this, it's the exact reason I didn't watch it. I saw a preview for it and just had a feeling it was not going to have a balanced perspective.

I watched it today and felt that it showed different ways families are trying to deal with it and actually all families said that medication did not help at all. One family is going the all natural route, one did deep brain stimulation, and the other two were not on meds for tourettes but for the comorbid issues. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it was interesting to see how other children cope with it.