Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums

Kbossman1

Members
  • Content Count

    76
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I use the strep test kits.....I order them with docsavings.com I think that they are reliable....but I question my positive results. I don't always get a positive. But there have been several times that I got a positive result....so I then took that child to the dr and they said negative. I bought the tests b/c we have 4 kids and it was very expensive to take them all in to rule it out if I only noticed behavior with 1 or 2. My experience has been that I do a much better job at taking the test....and the nurses at the dr office don't give a damn and do a very crapy job. I will tell you that
  2. I think that having the lyme first....then pandas makes more sense to me...However we have it the other way around. DD7 started with recurrent strep for years. No symptoms. Then all of the sudden at age 5 we had full blown pandas. The pandas symptoms went away each time with antibiotics and we had her tonsils removed. Last April 2010 she had a tick on her neck. I took it off and 3 days later she had a red ring around it. The red ring was very small, like a mosquito bite, but I took her to the ped b/c it was exactly where the tic had been. 9 months later the pandas symptoms where there, we did
  3. Ok, I am sitting here trying to figure out which way to go next.....do we pack up the car and take all kiddos out of state to see a dr....to be sure that every dr here in NC can't be that stupid....or can they? Here's what I'm dealing with: mycoplasma tests from labcorp taken 6/20/11 dd6 Igm negative IgG 1659 dd5 IgM 1861 IgG 424 ds4 IgM 987 IgG 562 Me IgM negative IgG 2205 IgM is posit
  4. Can't wait to see what others say about this as well. We had pandas dd7 tested before we went to see Dr. B. She has IgM band 23 positive too. That was the only band positive. We did Igenex....and we are in the same boat....4 kids, medical bills piling up on the kitchen counter....it hurt, but we did it...and holy cow, her test was crazy positive. I'm looking at it now....4 bands were positive IgM and 5 bands positive IgG. Looking back at last September it made sense because she complained of not feeling well, aches and pains all the time. We kept taking her to the dr and they would say she loo
  5. Wanted to add, 3 of my children all had tonsillectomy on 4/15/11. 2 of them were positive for strep 2 days before surgery and were on Omnicef just before and after the surgery. I know that they had strep at time of surgery, but pathology said the exact same thing Lymphoid Hyperplasia. I don't think that the pathology reports on these are worth anything. Doc said all 3 were covered with pus. I was hoping that the path results would answer some questions for us to, but I don't think that they are very reliable.
  6. I've been reading these threads.....hate I missed this conversation a couple of months ago...but did anyone ever figure out if they had the staph causing positive rapid, or decide if they had strep? My kids have done the same, positive rapid, negative culture. But then again we've had negative rapid, positive culture!? Who knows. Right now I'm concerned about pandas dd on zithromax and omnicef, with positive rapid. I did the rapid at home, and I can't decide if I take her to the dr...which one to go to, b/c we haven't found 1 dr to help us w/ pandas (in NC anyways)yet. Dr. B says that she is o
  7. Hi to the Lyme forum....I'm kind of new to this one....usually hanging out in the Pandas forum. I'm posting my dd's western blot results from Igenex. Yes, I'm going to find an LLMD, but until we can get into one....I thought I would see if anyone here who has been researching this for a while has any wisdom or insight to add. She is positive by Igenex and CDC standards. What my question is......what do the + signs mean when there is more than 1 of them? Currently she is taking Zithromax and Omnicef once a day. Like I said, next stop will be LLMD, but I don't know how long it will take to get i
  8. Emerson, Wow....You are an extremely talented young woman....let me say this again...YOU ARE AN EXTREMELY TALENTED YOUNG WOMAN!!!! I hate that you are going thru this right now.....but what an incredible writer you are!!!!! Please please please write more......We need another good book, you should write you story and send it somewhere. I would read it! Hope you start feeling better soon......wishing for good days for you!
  9. I'm going to google it now, but I wanted to ask my pandas family what this means? Dr. B ordered tests for our whole family....besides the pandas dd. Mycoplasma pneumoniae is supposed to be <100 Dad's results are 270 daughter (age 6) was 823 Obviously this is a reason why pandas dd7 can't get well, but what does this mean for the family members that have these results?? Any advice would be great....we don't get back up to see him again until April 4th. thanks pandas family!!
  10. Well, we know my 7 year old has pandas. We have been noticing small things with my 6 year old since a strep infection in December. I think she has had her first episode, and things are better (it was very mild) but included trip to er for panic attack, several crying spells at night, and even some very funny behavior at school. She seems better now. My 3 yr old son had strep in Feb. causing an exacerbation to start in my 7 year old who was doing so well at the time. Now after steroid taper and being on zithromax for a few weeks, we're seeing improvement, but having alot of ups and downs. My 3
  11. Hi K, I just read your post and was wondering where you purchases your strep kit. I have been interested in these for several months, but was wondering about their accuracy. I have asked on the forum before, but received no replies.

  12. we have had it rough since January... ds3 got strep and pandas dd 7 went from doing great (95%) to not doing so great. I know for a fact he got rid of the strep....but dd7 continues with the exacerbation. Last week, dd4 tested positive for strep. I have some tests at home, so here's how this went down: Wednesday she said her throat hurt, and she didn't want to swallow. I immediately did a strep test at home....positive. I took her to the dr about 1 hour later....they said negative. I showed the dr my test....he admitted that my test was positive, but he couldn't treat her based on my test....a
  13. Here is my question....my dd has pandas. Dr. B in CT has suggested that we do igenex testing for lyme and a complete coinfection panel. My dilema is that the cost for this testing is outrageous, we have no out of network benefits...no reimbursement, etc. I'm trying to decide will it be worth it to just test for the lyme? That's only $200 and I can afford that. Can you actually have a lyme coinfection w/out having lyme? If the lyme is negative....does that mean she probably doesn't have a coinfection? If the lyme comes back positive....THEN we worry about the complete coinfection panel?
  14. Hopefully someone here has experienced the same thing or has some suggestions. We went to see Dr. B last week. He changed dd's meds from Kelflex, to Zithromax, and added 25 day taper of Orapred. I've been so hopefull, but what I'm noticing is strange. For a while, she seems to be feeling better and symptoms vanish. The a few hours later....OCD, anxiety, rages, etc.. all come back. Then later on....symptoms vanish again. I've been a little concerned about the Orapred b/c we think she may have lyme. Her Quest results showed only IgM band 23 present, and we are currently waiting for Igenex result
  15. I'm going to say Diddo! I really enjoyed our appointment, and speaking with a Dr. that knows a whole lot more about this than I do was wonderful! I have (since this post) done some research on S. pnuemoniae and group A strep, and it starts to make my head spin. That's why I trust that he knows what he's doing. Right now I feel very lucky to live only 10hrs away, since there are people coming from other countries. I think that some of us parents on this forum are very skeptical, ok, extremely....and we have every right to be, but I feel as though I could trust this doctor. I will have to update
×
×
  • Create New...