Report Shafrir in PANS / PANDAS (Lyme included) Posted September 23, 2018 Thank you. We also see Dr. Fox but also too early too tell. The reviews that I have seen about her is good though and then you don't hear a peep about them... so I'm assuming it's like the lyme message boards (a lot of chatter pre and during treatment) but when they get better no one goes back to mention that. Our labs with her showed high viral titers and she is working to address those. No lyme. We just had our results meeting with her. I do like Dr. L and we'll continue to see her for our annual (unless there's a major change). My son caught strep twice after IVIG, T and A, and on augmentin. The second time my son caught strep, L told Andrea that he needs IVIG. But no explanation why but I'm assuming to boost his immune system. But Dr. Fox is working on that.. I then asked if he could switch antibiotics because it looks like the augmentin isn't working and Dr. L relayed, "he shouldn't catch strep on augmentin. IVIG." I called back and asked if Dr. L could spare a few minutes to explain her decision but no calls.. I'll go see Shafrir too.. I don't know what he'll say but maybe a second opinion from another pediatric nuero will help.. or not help. My son is doing fine. Since the switch to Azithromycin (advised by Dr. F), the flare has gone away and we're doing all the supplements.