Hello this is my first post. I have spent the last four months getting information from this site and I'm very grateful for the help I found here. What can I say, I read the posts and feel the heart ache many express. So, I finally have the strength to post because I have questions.
First the history- son 9 no devolopmental delays, started to struggle with sinusitis at 7 several rounds of antibiotics in 2014. I didn't like how it affected his stomach so I began to treat at home with vitamins, probiotics and super green foods powder. Cleaned house constantly and took out all stuffed animals from around him. He recovered was good from May 2014 until September 2015. Went to doctor because of sudden tics and hyperactivity. Asked doctor for all types of blood looked at me as if I was crazy but I insisted I would not leave until every test under the sun was ran. God and I'm grateful everyday for this illuminated the doctor and the high aso titers were found. She send to ER and all types of tests were ran. High anti DNase came back and high cam kinase. From the first penicillin shot to the next morning he was back to 90% himself. Then we did ten days of antibiotics in ignorance. Went back to ID and received three weeks more. I'm cutting out lots of drama with docs such as Neurologist, rheumatologist, etc. Cut to finding a doctor on this website who did stool sample and here we are now.
So we saw huge difference with antibiotics but when put on prophylactic began to see decline. When doctor received the stool sample he explained azith makes clostridium spp worse so stopped that and put on vancomycin three times a day. Ok here is what stool found good bacteria is pretty good but expected good bacteria clostridium spp is 4+ and dysbiotic is pseudomonas aeruginosa 3+. He started on vancomycin for clostridium and gentamicin for p aeruginosa. First day in the afternoon he began a fever up 102.9 and coughing, stuffiness and headache. This was Thursday yesterday every time he would take the medicine an hour and a half later he started getting a fever. Finally last night he vomited the second dose and we couldn't do the third. He got dehydrated from having two diarrheas also. He was even a bit delusional, super scary. Please help with some info there's almost nothing online about this combo of meds. He's also taking nystatin I forgot to mention. I've decided to give the meds with two hours in between instead of all together so we'll see how it goes today. Any info helps please.
Med protocol vancomycin 125 three times a day gentamicin 160 three times a day and nystatin 100,000 5ml three times a day.