ACN Latitudes Forums

Can an artificial protein defeat infection by supercharging immunity?

This article is interesting-thank you sharing! The genetically engineered part makes me a bit nervous though, after reading much on GE foods and our health.

For comparison purposes: The www.gcmaf.eu is something the body produces itself (blood product) and it is supposed to do some similar things. My son did the treatment and has had better health and we are hoping to continue to see even more positive results. It was ~$1600 for 6 months of treatment (not inexpensive) but is supposed to last a lifetime (for some anyway). His baseline is much higher now than before the treatment and, knock on wood, is holding steady for 5 months now. Before this treatment, the longest he held steady was 6 weeks after taking Valcyte.

It was suggested by our LLMD that we do a trial of Virapress, which is a bovine derived immunoglobulin protein.

Because the LLMD thinks DD's infections were transferred congenitally, I generally dose myself with DD's protocols, and I do have similar reactions to the ones she has.

At first I was leary of bovine immunoglobulin (potential for prions?), but gave it a trial on myself anyway. For me a low dose produced a very large inflammation reaction. The dose I took was 1/4 dose suggested for DD, and I only took it for 2 days. At the end of 2 days I was hugely fatigued and had flu-like muscle soreness.

Stephen Buhner (Lyme herbalist) suggests that overstimulating the immune system with anything can cause significant die-off, and I think this is what was happening here with Virapress.

I never did continue the trial, or use it on DD either. It just resulted in a massive down-turn (herx).

For immune modulation/stimulation we use ColdFx (an extract of American ginseng), very low dose astragalus and cordyceps.

Edited by rowingmom