Forum Community Guidelines
Our forums provide support for people dealing with neurological and related issues. Everyone joining this community should find it a safe haven where they are treated with respect, civility, and understanding.
Your agreement as a user:
- You agree that you will not use this forum to post or send messages that are knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, obscene, profane, or sexually oriented. Text should not be defamatory, harsh, accusatory, intimidating, slanderous, an invasive of a person's privacy, or violate any law. Doing so may lead to you being banned (and your service provider may be informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
- You agree that the webmaster, administrator, and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move, or close any topic at any time should they see fit.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this forum/website.
- Advertisements, solicitations for services or business, most research requests, as well as any type of research on the content of these forums by third-parties, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized use or reproduction of posts on these forums is not allowed.
Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact an administrator.
Announcements, media requests, and research requests
These need administrative approval. Please send to an administrator before posting.
Members are here for support and education. Check the list below for types of posts that are not allowed:
- Flames or messages meant to intimidate, criticize, or harass others
- Threatening or obscene messages
- Messages discussing a private message (PM) from others
- Copyrighted materials that you do not own the rights to, except educational or research articles
- Messages containing or condoning illegal acts; also messages of suicidal intent
- Direct discussion of politics (please avoid)
- Specific or strong religious views
- Requests for donations for other organizations unless approved by administrator
- Solicitation of members for research, media projects or other projects, without prior administrative approval
About links for other websites:
You may have links in your profile as long as they do not violate our guidelines (above). Links within a post to online resources and articles are generally OK. Do not post links to other forum communities with the aim of soliciting other members to that community, thereby taking them away from this community.
When a guideline is violated
If you violate a guideline, you will be contacted by PM or email. We will try to resolve things amicably. We don’t like to ban members and rarely do, but this is an option.
Updated March 19, 2010