The influence of different food and drink on tics in Tourette syndrome This study came out a few years ago and bears review since there is so little published research on TS and diet. At the Hannover […]
Tics and Tourettes: Resources and Research
The focus on research dedicated to natural or integrative therapies for ADHD is growing. ACN Latitudes keeps a list of those that may be expected to be of most interest to our site readers.
See our Tics and Tourette Syndrome Research page for a selection of key studies. Some of the research papers included are offered in full article form.
Resources for Integrative Approaches
- Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourettes Book
- Alternative Mental Health
- Feingold Association of US
- Tourette Syndrome Plus
- EEG Spectrum for Neurofeedback
- ACN Latitudes Forums: Tics and Tourettes
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
Study compares 845 patients with Tourette syndrome with 3378 controls ACN Latitudes has promoted the concept of a link between allergy and Tourette syndrome for close to 20 years. While conventional medicine ignores this connection […]
Dr. Jon Pangborn, an expert in biochemistry, informed ACN Latitudes that causes of elevated dopamine (documented for some cases of Tourette syndrome) can include copper deficiency or ascorbate deficiency. Yet, elevated copper levels have been […]
When children and teens have been traumatized, typical therapies often include art or play therapy, drug intervention, and/or psychological debriefing. Yet, new research failed to find support for these efforts. Instead, the study suggests that […]
It was more than twenty years ago that Dr. Doris Rapp, shown here, first published accounts of Edward, a highly allergic youngster whose severe Tourette syndrome (TS) had responded positively to environmental medicine treatment. Edward’s […]
At times, patients have gone to physicians with symptoms similar to Tourette syndrome, when the underlying cause of the symptoms was Lyme disease. Lyme has also been linked to some cases of autism (see below). […]
ACN does not discourage the use of conventional medications as much as it emphasizes the benefits of natural and integrative approaches. However, the number of warnings related to antipsychotic drugs keeps rising, and families need […]
Severe symptoms of obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) can sometimes develop as a response to a streptococcal infection. Studies also show that tics associated with Tourette syndrome can also be triggered by a bout with strep. […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on