Lawrence A. Plumlee, MD Book Review: Gut and Psychology Syndrome Focusing on natural treatment of dyspraxia, autism, ADD, dyslexia, ADHD, depression, and schizophrenia, Gut and Psychology Syndrome, by Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD, is written from the perspective of a […]
Depression: Research and Resources
Environmental factors related to depression, like exposure to lead, have been studied for decades. More recently there has been increased attention given to the importance of nutrition, diet, and use of supplements. Neurofeedback is also an option for treating mild to moderate depression. Please see our article: Recent Research for Depression.
Resources for Integrative Approaches
- Depression-Free, Naturally: 7 Weeks to Eliminating Anxiety, Despair, Fatigue, and Anger from Your Life; Joan Mathews Larson
- Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain; William Walsh, PhD
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Depression: The Breakthrough Integrative Approach for Effective Treatment; Michael B Schachter, MD
- The Depression Cure: The 6-Step Program to Beat Depression without Drugs; Stephen S. Ilardi
- Latitudes ACN Forums: search the term Depression
- Alternative Mental Health
- World Health Organization Fact Sheet
- Pfeiffer Treatment Center
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
While analyzing data from Saskatchewan health databases, Lauren Brown, researcher with the U of A’s School of Public Health, found people with a history of depression had a 30 percent increased risk of type 2 […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on