Photophobia, or light sensitivity, is often reported for autism, ADHD, and Tourette syndrome or other tic disorders. In a 2014 survey of adults with ADHD, 69% reported being visually oversensitive to light. It is well […]
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is an increasingly common condition usually diagnosed in childhood. The key symptoms are inattention, hyperactivity and/or impulsivity.
While typically treated with medications and behavioral interventions, ADHD has been associated with environmental factors including diet, nutritional imbalances, infection, and toxic exposures. Many cases of ADHD can be treated with dietary modifications and nutrients, avoiding toxic exposures, and other natural approaches such as EEG biofeedback.
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
It was rat research, not human. But it is pretty compelling. A new study could begin to explain why allergies during pregnancy are linked to higher risks for attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism in children. […]
A new book scheduled for release October 3, 2016 gives the history of how the pharmaceutical industry and others sold the West on the use of drugs for ADHD—a grossly over-diagnosed condition. It is a […]
Inflammation in the brain has been associated with a number of adverse neurological conditions, including among others, ADHD, obsessive compulsive disorder, PANDAS/PANS, autism, tic disorders and Alzheimer’s disease. A leaky blood-brain barrier allows immune molecules […]
Studies of single nutrients for ADHD do not indicate that a single vitamin, mineral, or amino acid can reduce symptoms. Yet, a more broad-based approach has been yielding positive results in a number of studies […]
TIPU SULTAN, MD Dr. Tipu Sultan is director of the Environmental Health and Allergy Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Board certified in pediatrics and environmental medicine, his primary approach to medicine is to determine and […]
After writing about natural diets for more than two decades, it’s easy for me to forget that many folks are just starting to think about this topic. The fact that supermarket aisles in North America […]
Editor: This program was preempted due to the tragic Orlando shooting that occurred on June 12. We will update this blog post when there is information on the future programming. Original post: On June 12, 2016, […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on