Stella Waterhouse, author of A Positive Approach to Autism, wrote this article for ACN Latitudes. Sensory problems affect people from all walks of life, yet they usually receive little attention. They are found to varying degrees […]
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is an increasingly common condition usually diagnosed in childhood. The key symptoms are inattention, hyperactivity and/or impulsivity.
While typically treated with medications and behavioral interventions, ADHD has been associated with environmental factors including diet, nutritional imbalances, infection, and toxic exposures. Many cases of ADHD can be treated with dietary modifications and nutrients, avoiding toxic exposures, and other natural approaches such as EEG biofeedback.
Related articles are shown below. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, you can search using the box at the upper right of the page or browse our forums.
Homeopathy is a safe and often effective natural therapy for children and adults with ADD/ADHD and its associated symptoms, and recent research has confirmed this. Homeopathic primary care can be effective, though this condition is […]
Majid Ali, MD A simple model is presented for understanding the spectrum of Attention Deficit Disorder/Hyperactivity, learning disability, obsessive-compulsive disorder, autism, and Tourette syndrome. In this model, the focus is on developmental and acquired problems […]
Linda Weltner wrote this article for the Boston Globe. I was sitting at a coffee shop with friends, all of us grandmothers. We were talking about our amazing grandkids but contrary to what you might […]
Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD Sheila Rogers, MS, Director of ACN: When I was developing the advisory board for ACN Latitudes, I asked a medical editor whom he would recommend as an expert in nutrition. He immediately […]
Siegfried Othmer, PhD (shown in photo) was interviewed about the use of biofeedback, by John Spencer, PhD Introduction by Dr. Spencer: Biofeedback is a technique in which electronic or mechanical instruments relay information to participants concerning […]
Joseph B. Miller, MD Old habits die hard. A study on sugar from the mid 90s was the lead article in the New England Journal of Medicine, and touted by the media for months. Somehow […]
William G. Crook, MD An interview by Sheila Rogers, Director of ACN, on Hyperactivity and the Yeast Connection Dr. Crook, your book Help for the Hyperactive Child has been very popular. Could you give some […]
- Intriguing Remission of Tourette’s After Heat-Induced Dehydration
- Remembering Dr. William Rea
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 48 (Premium)
- Should You Homeschool Your Child with Sensory Processing Disorder?
- Lymphatic Drainage Technique for Sinus Colds and Earaches (Premium)
- Success! Naturopathic Treatment for Severe OCD, Anxiety, ADHD and Tourette’s (Premium) on
- Finding our Way Out of a Nightmare: Tourettes, ADHD and OCD on
- How We Reversed Jessica’s Tic Disorder on
- Success: A Severe Tic Disorder Treated through Environmental Medicine on
- Can the Answer We Found for our Son’s Tics Help You? on