Botulinum toxin (Botox) as a therapy for tics is not FDA-approved. Still, it is considered by physicians at times, especially for single tics, because conventional medications are often not effective and have the potential for serious negative side effects.
You might also like
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 51 (Premium)
- Irlen Method: An Effective Therapy for Scotopic Sensitivity
- Like Cooking with Coconut Milk? Find Great Recipes Here (Premium)
- Dr. William Walsh on ADHD and Behavioral Disorders
- How Much Fluoride Is in Your Water? (Premium)