Botulinum toxin (Botox) as a therapy for tics is not FDA-approved. Still, it is considered by physicians at times, especially for single tics, because conventional medications are often not effective and have the potential for serious negative side effects.
You might also like
- Answers for Light Sensitivity in Autism, ADHD and Tic Disorders (Premium)
- Giving a Valentine’s Gift to Someone with Allergies?
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 53 (Premium)
- Helping Our Son with Tourette’s: A Mother’s Letter
- Blue Light Linked to Aging Even if it Doesn’t Reach Your Eyes