It’s shocking how many millions of youngsters receive a diagnosis of ADHD and are treated with stimulant drugs but are never given a proper medical evaluation. Doctors usually fail to consider key factors that may be causing the symptoms. They should be considering and evaluating for these, and determining how any identified risk factors should best be approached to reduce symptoms.
You might also like
- Watch the Free “Thriving with a Tic Disorder” Video Series (Feb 6 – 9, 2019)
- Your World and You: Tips to Improve Your Family’s Health – Issue 49 (Premium)
- Extended Acetaminophen Use in Pregnancy Increases Autism and ADHD Risk
- Using Screen Time as a Reward with Little Kids? Don’t. (Premium)
- My Insistence on Alternative Treatments for Tourette’s Paid Off