ACN Latitudes Forums

Bentonite Clay vs Activated Charcoal

Our nutritionist prefers Bentonite Clay. BUT, if your child will not drink it... she recommends activated Charcoal. If your child refuses to take the pills or can't take pills and won't drink the Bentonite Clay, she recommends chewable children's pepto bismol.

We mix the clay in favored Kefir with a little Juice. Basically, a third BC, a third Kefir, a third Juice and powdered probiotic for our three year old twins.

Am I correct that neither one can be taken at the same time as supplements, probiotic or antibiotic? There's just not enough hours in the day!!

Our nutritionist prefers Bentonite Clay. BUT, if your child will not drink it... she recommends activated Charcoal. If your child refuses to take the pills or can't take pills and won't drink the Bentonite Clay, she recommends chewable children's pepto bismol.

We mix the clay in favored Kefir with a little Juice. Basically, a third BC, a third Kefir, a third Juice and powdered probiotic for our three year old twins.

I use activated charcoal and it does miracles in our house when we are fighting clostridia and/or yeast. I actually used it all day today...

Yes, has to be given 1.5-2 hours away from all supps/meds or it will absorb them and carry them out of the body.

We too are using activated charcoal. My doc said I could give 2 tabs at a time but to make sure they were 2 hours from abx or probiotics. It has not caused any constipation or upset for my dd. give it a try!

The instructions for the bentonite clay suggest that it be given on an empty stomach. So we're giving it about 20-30 minutes before breakfast.

Some probiotics are okay to give with abx because the abx can't kill the organisms. Acidolpholus (common in yogurt and kefir, as well as the popular "Pearls" probiotic supplement) is a culture killed by most abx.

Sach boulardis, lactobillus, bifobacterium, etc., meanwhile, generally survive abx. That's why we mix it up as much as we do, figuring that some organisms will fare well while others may come to a premature end before re-establishing in the gut.