ACN Latitudes Forums

histamine & OCD

My son has been on quercetin for about 11/2 mo. for his allergies. About a month into it, 95% of his OCD is gone. We have also been using NAET for his OCDs for the last 8 mos, it has helped about 70% then about 40% of the symptoms would come back but in lesser degree. So i am incline to say that i believe the quercetin has helped w/his OCD.

There are also articles & research that i googled regarding the histamine & OCD connection.

Anyone who are using quercetin and notice OCD improvement?

Pat

Can't say we've tried that, but we have noticed increased exacerbations around time of seasonal allergies. In addition, our daughter tends to be a histamine cascader -- i.e., she gets itchy when she runs. There's probably something in this (i.e., some inflammation due to allergy too). I haven't found any great research on this yet though.

Buster

My son has been on quercetin for about 11/2 mo. for his allergies. About a month into it, 95% of his OCD is gone. We have also been using NAET for his OCDs for the last 8 mos, it has helped about 70% then about 40% of the symptoms would come back but in lesser degree. So i am incline to say that i believe the quercetin has helped w/his OCD.

There are also articles & research that i googled regarding the histamine & OCD connection.

Anyone who are using quercetin and notice OCD improvement?

Pat

My daughter does have flares with seasonal allergies, we use a product called Aller-C and quercetin is one of the main ingredients along with vit. c. We know it stops the histimine reaction and thus improves the Pandas flare. They seem to really dry her out though so we do not use every day usually just when needed.

Pat,

I had asked Buster and docs a similar question. One of dd10's worst OCD symptoms was in response to mosquito bites. A mosquito stabs its victim to get their blood. The red, itchy bump is a immune system/histamine response. My dd10 wound scratch them so much she would break the skin resulting in a wound. Then the wound itched her so badly she would pick at the scab and this cycle would go on and on and on.... She ulcerated several of them and has many scars. So, my question to them was could this have not only been a psychological/OCD/brain stuck issue, but also a hyper-histamine response. Both agree this is certainly possible.

This has improved GREATLY post ivig which is such a relief! She has gotten several bug bites and NONE of them have resulted in any wounds which is such a HUGE improvement over the last 5 years! Not only that, but her livido reticulitis is gone and the health and color of her skin looks so much better! Even her scars look better.

I had never heard that term "histamine cascader"-- but I too get itchy when I run and have bad reactions to bug bites. <_<

That's a really good question.

We started quercitin back in the spring, when the pollen first began to get out of control here in the Midwest; our DS13 is highly allergic to pollen and mold, and his seasonal allergies have always been an issue, but this year, they seemed worse than ever.

We thought that getting the allergies themselves under control . . . being as this is also an immune system response . . . was behind his overall improvement in behaviors (OCD), but may the histamine itself plays a large part? <_<

We LOVE quercitin, though we've also added Zyrtec and Flonase in the morning and Benedryl at night. His unrelenting sneezing has been curbed to almost nothing as a result, and he's overall in a better place with the allergies managed.

We LOVE quercitin, though we've also added Zyrtec and Flonase in the morning and Benedryl at night. His unrelenting sneezing has been curbed to almost nothing as a result, and he's overall in a better place with the allergies managed.

my ds as well has horrible seasonal allergies......

do you have any concerns with zyrtec and benedryl......

i would like to do both but have been told several times not too....

my ds as well has horrible seasonal allergies......

do you have any concerns with zyrtec and benedryl......

i would like to do both but have been told several times not too....

We don't give him both Zyrtec and Benedryl at once, and we've tried other over-the-counter allergy responses (like Claritin), but they've not worked for him. The Zyrtec we give at breakfast, and he gets the Benedryl at bedtime, so I don't think there's any overlap.

We've seen nothing but good in his response, but I know allergy medicine responses can be very individualized.