ACN Latitudes Forums

Recovered from PDD-NOS!

Holly L

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you how we recovered our daughter, who is almost 5 and just had her PDD-NOS dx dropped. We started her with the GF/CF diet and saw remarkable improvements. But then after being on that diet for a few months, we didn't see anymore improvements. It wasn't until we started a low carb diet, removed ALL sugars and added coconut kefir that she fully recovered. We had tried numerous probiotic capsules but didn't notice anything and then a doctor told us to start making a live, fermented drink at home. It was the live probiotics that did the trick. I would encourage all of you to try this diet and try making or buy coconut kefir!

Holly L

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you how we recovered our daughter, who is almost 5 and just had her PDD-NOS dx dropped. We started her with the GF/CF diet and saw remarkable improvements. But then after being on that diet for a few months, we didn't see anymore improvements. It wasn't until we started a low carb diet, removed ALL sugars and added coconut kefir that she fully recovered. We had tried numerous probiotic capsules but didn't notice anything and then a doctor told us to start making a live, fermented drink at home. It was the live probiotics that did the trick. I would encourage all of you to try this diet and try making or buy coconut kefir!

Holly L

Holly,

I'm very happy to hear this for you.

This was the only treatment you did? Only diet and kefir?

What starter or probiotic did you use to make your kefir that worked best?

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Holly L

Holly,

Hello everyone,

Holly L

Holly,

My daughter Hates coconut, We are trying Donnas cultured Vegies.

• 1 month later...

Glad to hear your success ! I placed my then 2 1/2 year old son on the GF/CF diet and on day 5 of the diet he did over 20 sign language signs. Prior to the diet he lost words and would just stare at the sign language dvds. He was diagnosed with pdd/nos and we are told that that label may not apply at his reevaluation. However, the dr. that we waited on a 1 year wait list for was not into the diet and found it a coincidence. I have done biomedical theripies for my son and he is doing well in aba thereapy. We have been on the diet for 10 months and find it to be very beneficial along with the addition of probiotics.