ACN Latitudes Forums

Tumeric for inflammation?

I've heard that one, though I haven't tried it myself yet. It's actually spelt turmeric, with an r, so if you put that into the forum search box you'll find a bit of information. The active substance in turmeric is called curcumin, and apparently if you buy turmeric supplements you should try and get one that states its curcumin content, as they vary. Some supplements are actually sold under the name curcumin rather than turmeric. There's also a turmeric extract called Enhansa which is used in much the same way.

Anyone tried this?

Edited by Wombat140

We have been using enhansa from silsby. It's always hard to know what's working but I have been very happy with it, my daughter had bad joint pain and it's gone (although now we are dealing with nerve damage from Lyme) I have the mom instinct that enhansa is really helping. Actually I just hung up the phone from getting a refill. It's not expensive and insurance may cover it. I would highly recommend, there are so many benefits

Aside from its antiinflammatory role, curcumin helps the body make more of a natural antimicrobial compound called cathelicidin, so taking curcumin may help antibiotics work better. Originally cathelicidin was thought to be produced solely as a result of vitamin D binding to its receptor (VDR), but new research shows curcumin may use some other mechanism. This might be good news for kids whose PANS gets worse on vitmain D. (Although there's still the issue of some bacteria adapting to resist cathelicidin, like some kinds of Salmonella).

See

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22841393