ACN Latitudes Forums

I have been nearing the end of usefulness of abx for myself, it would seem. As suggested by doc, I am going to start taking just 5 days a week, as part of process to wean off. Saturdays and Sundays off.

But I did recently add GSE (grapefruit seed extract) a couple/few weeks ago, and again I had increased fatigue. I think it is doing some more good killing. The one of the three abx I am taking that is doing the most good, tindamax, is there for its cyst busting qualities, and that is what people say GSE is good for, so it makes sense. That's why I tried it. So, somewhat just wanted to send that out, can be pretty good stuff.

I was surprised my body tested good for it (via pendulum), as have been testing it here and there for a couple/few years, even before I knew I had lyme, supposed to be good for candida too, and always got an extremely strong "no". But this time it was ready. My guess is, the harshness, as my esophagus has been ripped to shreds from acid reflux, and is slowly repairing, getting there, maybe now can just barely handle it. The GSE is very harsh, as I imagine anyone who has taken it would agree.

Plan is so far to continue herbals 7 days a week, even with abx on 5 days a week, we'll see what my pendulum says when the time comes.

I have been nearing the end of usefulness of abx for myself, it would seem. As suggested by doc, I am going to start taking just 5 days a week, as part of process to wean off. Saturdays and Sundays off.

But I did recently add GSE (grapefruit seed extract) a couple/few weeks ago, and again I had increased fatigue. I think it is doing some more good killing. The one of the three abx I am taking that is doing the most good, tindamax, is there for its cyst busting qualities, and that is what people say GSE is good for, so it makes sense. That's why I tried it. So, somewhat just wanted to send that out, can be pretty good stuff.

I was surprised my body tested good for it (via pendulum), as have been testing it here and there for a couple/few years, even before I knew I had lyme, supposed to be good for candida too, and always got an extremely strong "no". But this time it was ready. My guess is, the harshness, as my esophagus has been ripped to shreds from acid reflux, and is slowly repairing, getting there, maybe now can just barely handle it. The GSE is very harsh, as I imagine anyone who has taken it would agree.

Plan is so far to continue herbals 7 days a week, even with abx on 5 days a week, we'll see what my pendulum says when the time comes.

Hi Michael,

Question on tindamax. Dd10 is on it on weekends, 2 x 250 each day, but because she is in hockey season, and there are multi-game tournaments on the weekends,and it seems to make her tired, I have been compressing her dose to 1 x 500 mg at night. She also takes Augmentin and Zithromax 2 x a day 7 days a week. Do you think this affects the Tindamax's performance? Because she hasn't been herxing on weekends or even Monday at all. Usually we see her worst behavior on Wednesdays/Thursdays, but that could be her busy schedule on those days as well. She seems stalled in progress right now. Thanks for any input.

Edited by laure

I purchased GSE for my perioral dermatitis on my face after I read that it may actually be a result of candidia and it did not help topically. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who lost his words after his vaccines and was diagnosed with PDD-NOS and SPD. I gave him a few drops in his drink and he spoke that day and said "I'M STUCK"-how profound! He used to say that and now after many months he said it again ! I knew then that maybe I could get him UNSTUCK! I contacted a natropath and she did nutritional microscopy and detected spirochetes in his live blood draw, she advised me to contact an LLMD. My son has since tested positive on the IGENEX lyme test and we are currently undergoing treatment and ABA therapy.

I purchased GSE for my perioral dermatitis on my face after I read that it may actually be a result of candidia and it did not help topically. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who lost his words after his vaccines and was diagnosed with PDD-NOS and SPD. I gave him a few drops in his drink and he spoke that day and said "I'M STUCK"-how profound! He used to say that and now after many months he said it again ! I knew then that maybe I could get him UNSTUCK! I contacted a natropath and she did nutritional microscopy and detected spirochetes in his live blood draw, she advised me to contact an LLMD. My son has since tested positive on the IGENEX lyme test and we are currently undergoing treatment and ABA therapy.

WOW!!!! I pray for a speedy recovery for him!

Just spoke with our LLMD yesterday about Lyme induced Autism and they can 'typically' reverse symptoms entirely if the child is between the ages of 3 and 7. There is a lot of hope for your son. Make sure you start him on a wonderful/regular detox program immediately. We use a 1/2 cup of bentonite and burbur for our 3 1/2 year old twins. Dr Klinghart has a wonderful website and talks a lot about Autism/detox.

http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Protocols/Dr-Klinghardt-on-Autism.html

Our daughter had one word at 2 1/2 this year old 'up'... this year she is talking in full sentences and her lisp is resolving.

Where do you live?

-Wendy

What does she weigh? And is the prescribing doctor for tindamax an LLMD or more an MD who is doing what they can to be helpful?

She is 92 pounds and the tindamax was prescribed by an ILADS friendly pediatrician, but this doc admittedly hasn't worked with a lot of lyme cases. The tindamax was prescribed based on suspicion of a co-infection. Dd 10 has tested positive on Igenex, and has likely had lyme for over a year (I suspect 2-3 years). Dr. B began treating her for PANDAS, and he prescribes her other abx.

DS is also using GSE in a 'cocktail' along with Artemesini, quintessense, virescence, neem, and raw egg yolk. It is the worst tasting thing ever, but he sings a Tenacious D song which gives him strength to drink the aweful stuff. lol

Great to hear your treatment is winding down. Hope this continues for you.

What does she weigh? And is the prescribing doctor for tindamax an LLMD or more an MD who is doing what they can to be helpful?

She is 92 pounds and the tindamax was prescribed by an ILADS friendly pediatrician, but this doc admittedly hasn't worked with a lot of lyme cases. The tindamax was prescribed based on suspicion of a co-infection. Dd 10 has tested positive on Igenex, and has likely had lyme for over a year (I suspect 2-3 years). Dr. B began treating her for PANDAS, and he prescribes her other abx.

I take 1500 mg daily (750 with breakfast, 750 with dinner), I've seen this number used by other adults. That would really translate to 1000 mg daily for her, in 500mg chunks. When they prescribe twice a day, it's because the body processes it so quickly that you won't have consistent high levels throughout the day with just once a day. There is a minimum dose you need to really be active against the bugs, and beyond that it may be wasted. If all you're going to use is 500mg per day, it might be just as well you're doing it all at once, making sure she gets enough dose when it is taken.

Just spoke with our LLMD yesterday about Lyme induced Autism and they can 'typically' reverse symptoms entirely if the child is between the ages of 3 and 7. There is a lot of hope for your son. Make sure you start him on a wonderful/regular detox program immediately. We use a 1/2 cup of bentonite and burbur for our 3 1/2 year old twins. Dr Klinghart has a wonderful website and talks a lot about Autism/detox.

Our daughter had one word at 2 1/2 this year old 'up'... this year she is talking in full sentences and her lisp is resolving.

Where do you live?

-Wendy

Wendy,

I've been thinking more about clay recently. I am currently using some special clay with mineral oil to help with tooth pain, from believed cavitation underneath tooth. It is a trick someone gave me many years ago, and pulled it out of the cupboard and helping for this.

But it reminded me of all the people who use clay for regular detox, which I had never considered for myself (no specific reason, thought of other things first). Can you give me some details on the clay approach you use? What type of clay? What brand / where do you buy? And on dose, are you seriously giving 1/2 cup of clay a day to children that small? (It just sounds like a real lot.) Stirring it in water?

Michael

Where do you live?

-Wendy

Wendy,

I've been thinking more about clay recently. I am currently using some special clay with mineral oil to help with tooth pain, from believed cavitation underneath tooth. It is a trick someone gave me many years ago, and pulled it out of the cupboard and helping for this.

But it reminded me of all the people who use clay for regular detox, which I had never considered for myself (no specific reason, thought of other things first). Can you give me some details on the clay approach you use? What type of clay? What brand / where do you buy? And on dose, are you seriously giving 1/2 cup of clay a day to children that small? (It just sounds like a real lot.) Stirring it in water?

Michael

I give my 13 yr old the liquid bentonite clay from health food store. I mix full teaspoon per 50 lbs of body weight in water. When using liquid never use metal spoon. Also clay is only good for detoxing the gut and intestines.

When using liquid never use metal spoon..

why...?

It is something about the positive or negative ions, can't remember the exact science,that attract the toxins, so if you use a metal spoon you will kill that charge that the bentonite clay has. Found this out 2 weeks after using a reg metal spoon.

Regarding liquid bentonite clay, this is what we are trying now. I pictured the clay to be gray or dark like clay from the ground but it's white. My dd8 calls it "the stuff that doesn't taste bad" and will take it mixed with a little juice. I'm very happy with it!

Susan

In addition to the bentonite clay thread, my dh and I are using that ($10), while our ds13 was just started on the BioPure Calcium Bentonite Living Clay. It is 43 mil. years old and it says that it has "tremendous drawing power." 1 tsp in 8 oz. of water/juice 2xday, 1 hr. after breakfast and 1 hrs. after lunch.

Edited by JuliaFaith