ACN Latitudes Forums

Calcium EDTA, IV and Suppository

Hi, I am new to this forum.

My son is almost 4 and just started EDTA suppository and EDTA IV (every other week) through DAN doctor. We've done it for 2 weeks so far.

I've been reading a lot about DMPS and DMSA/ALA - I havent tested him for Mercury yet. His alum., cadmium and antimony level is very high so the doctor started him with edta.

My question is, how long should i give this EDTA a try cause I dont want to damage his body/organs doing this too long. I seen improvement from one IV so far that's why i decided to do the second one.

Time is my enemy right now, I would like to move on to test him on mercury but i couldnt do both, it is too stressful.

Please let me know your thoughts/experience/advice

Thank you

• 9 months later...

Hi, I am also new to the forum and I work as a nurse practitioner. I have experience managing chelation for children on the spectrum.

Chelation has its risks, but so does retaining toxins in the body tissues. Spectrum children often have difficulties detoxifying, and end up holding on to toxic substances (pesticides, mercury, arsenic, etc) in their tissues, many of which mimic hormones, are cancer-causing, and are neurotoxic. Ideally, you would detoxify until the toxins were no longer detectable - this may take a few months to a few years of consistent chelation depending on the person/child.

Reducing (and eliminating where possbile) exposure to these toxins in the every-day environment is a must.

The good thing about CAEDTA is that it also binds to mercury - although not as effectively as DMPS. Kidney and liver function tests should be done routinely to detect the start of any organ compromise. Mineral levels also need to be monitored and replaced while chelation is ongoing.

Hope this helps!

My best to you and your son.

Edited by caringnp

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am new to this forum.

My son is almost 4 and just started EDTA suppository and EDTA IV (every other week) through DAN doctor. We've done it for 2 weeks so far.

I've been reading a lot about DMPS and DMSA/ALA - I havent tested him for Mercury yet. His alum., cadmium and antimony level is very high so the doctor started him with edta.

My question is, how long should i give this EDTA a try cause I dont want to damage his body/organs doing this too long. I seen improvement from one IV so far that's why i decided to do the second one.

Time is my enemy right now, I would like to move on to test him on mercury but i couldnt do both, it is too stressful.

Please let me know your thoughts/experience/advice

Thank you

We did a year of CaEDTA IV's with no success. My impression is that this is a huge waste of time and money. I would ask your doc why and how many patients they've had recover with these IV's. You might be getting fleeced. I personally know of recovery stories from oral DMSA chelation. It costs very little.