Your existing Forum account allows you to comment on articles and download behavior charts on the new ACN Latitudes Website. You will need to login with your email address and password when signing into the forums or the new website. Our new site gives you searchable access to hundreds of free articles, social media, a store for products, and more. We also have a special membership plan, which includes new premium features on the forums.

Photo

Frustrated!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Dealing with TS

Julie Dealing with TS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 02:41 PM

Dr. Robbins, I'm getting frustrated trying to follow the approaches I read about on the ACN website. It seems like there are so many different things I should be trying.
What are the most important things to start with? My child is 7 and has had tics for 2 years. Boy--good student. I am a full time working mom (like most mothers, I guess) and I can't try everything! What should I do first?? Help!

Julie :(

#2 Dr_Robbins

Dr_Robbins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 October 2002 - 09:47 PM

Julie,
You don't have to do anything except trying to be more observant of environmental situations that may make things better or worse. You are already doing something important by gaining information from others who have been in similar situations. Eventually you might want to try some nutritional supplements or eliminating some foods or making environmental changes that are appropriate for your situation. Try one thing at a time . Eventually if you find that foods , weather changes , molds, chemical smells or pollens are triggers of tics, allergy testing and treatment might be considered.
Dr. Albert Robbins
Board Certified in Preventive Medicine and
Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Boca Raton, Florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users