• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Special Offer: Free 1 Month Trial of our Premium Membership!

The ACN Latitudes Premium Membership provides instant access to over 125+ premium health articles on neurological conditions along with an exclusive premium newsletter. In addition, you will have several enhanced forum features, which include helpful perks such as: no advertisements, live chat room, forum blogging, increased messaging storage, and much more! Your Premium Membership also helps to support the efforts of our non-profit organization. Start Your Free Trial!

Stop Tics Today - Find the real causes to find the cures

ACN Latitudes Premium Membership

- - - - -

Best dose of Omega 3,6,9 for ADD/ADHD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 colleenrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

What is the best dose of Omegas for children in treating ADD/ADHD? I know that I have read it must be a higher dose than what the "normal" supplement dose is, but I can't find out a dose. Thanks!

#2 Ronaldchiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

the best source is oily fish. But the problem, as most parents know, is that children don't like it, so Omega-3 supplements are becoming a popular option.

Traditional cod liver oil is not particularly rich in EPA and DHA; it also contains the fat-soluble vitamins A and D, that can be toxic in excess, so high doses are not advisable in the long-term.

In a recent survey, it has been proved that About 450-500mg per day combined EPA/DHA is a reasonable target for both adults and children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users