Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.

New eBook: Your Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen the ACN Latitudes PANDAS eBook?  Our helpful book is a 37-page primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need. Learn more

Photo
- - - - -

Best dose of Omega 3,6,9 for ADD/ADHD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 colleenrn

colleenrn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 996 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

What is the best dose of Omegas for children in treating ADD/ADHD? I know that I have read it must be a higher dose than what the "normal" supplement dose is, but I can't find out a dose. Thanks!
Colleen

#2 Ronaldchiro

Ronaldchiro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

the best source is oily fish. But the problem, as most parents know, is that children don't like it, so Omega-3 supplements are becoming a popular option.

Traditional cod liver oil is not particularly rich in EPA and DHA; it also contains the fat-soluble vitamins A and D, that can be toxic in excess, so high doses are not advisable in the long-term.

In a recent survey, it has been proved that About 450-500mg per day combined EPA/DHA is a reasonable target for both adults and children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users