Your existing Forum account allows you to comment on articles and download behavior charts on the new ACN Latitudes Website. You will need to login with your email address and password when signing into the forums or the new website. Our new site gives you searchable access to hundreds of free articles, social media, a store for products, and more. We also have a special membership plan, which includes new premium features on the forums.

Photo

why not let them be who they are?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 apriella2002

apriella2002

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2002 - 08:42 PM

I think that the meds im giving my son is making him very aggressive. There is no cure for these disorders. we may as well let the kids learn how to deal with thier tics on thier own without the help of meds.I still dont know if i should take my son to a psychiatrist or not.i hear horror stories of parents being forced to medicate thier children.They are just kids and i have found out that I miss my son because he doesnt act the same.he even told me he hears voices inside his head telling him to talk bad about god.Im not sure what that is all about but i dont like it.It seems the meds take away all rational thinking from thier minds.When you think about it we are just slowly poisoning our children to make them mind.But is a challenge to help them deal with thier disorders.maybe medicine isnt the answer anymore for my son..Maybe they just need lots of love from everyone...april

#2 Dr_Robbins

Dr_Robbins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 October 2002 - 07:34 AM

Dear April,

Maybe you are right! Many would agree that medications made their children worse in some ways. That is why an environmental approach to the problem may be very helpful. We have found that addressing allergic factors and nutritional problems has been very rewarding to a significant number of these children allowing them to remain relatively medication free except in some cases. Let's chat more , later.
Dr. Albert Robbins
Board Certified in Preventive Medicine and
Occupational and Environmental Medicine
Boca Raton, Florida

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users