Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.

New eBook: Your Child Has Changed; Should You Consider PANDAS?

Have you seen the ACN Latitudes PANDAS eBook?  Our helpful book is a 37-page primer in a friendly question & answer format.  This eBook contains useful information to understand the symptoms of PANDAS, how it is diagnosed (including lab tests), the different types of treatments, approaches for prevention, and how to find the help and support that you need. Learn more

school programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_S Reynold_*

Guest_S Reynold_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2003 - 12:38 AM

Could you please describe your program as far as what you teach to school districts when they invite you--and what grade levels do you focus on? (Your web site is impressive.) Thank you.

#2 Ricki Linksman

Ricki Linksman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 09:57 PM

Dear S Reynolds, Thank you for your kind comments about my web-site!
When I work with a school district, I offer training for administrators and teachers in several topics: schoolwide or districtwide reading improvement in an accelerated way. The most widely used training I offer is Accelerating Reading Achievement and Scores in the Shortest Possible Time. I do trainings in Elementary School K-5 or 6, Middle Schools or Junior High Schools, High Schools, and Colleges. The trainings cover all aspects of reading, from screening, diagnosis, and assessment, to prescriptive planning for reading, and methods to teach all aspects of reading (phonics, comprehension, vocabulary, phonemic awareness, and fluency). May I ask whether you are a teacher or a parent, and if so, in which state and city. I do travel around the country offering the workshops to schools and districts. My goal is to help every student become successful, and that begins with giving the teachers all the tools they need to help all their students, whether they are in the regular education programs, special education programs, bilingual, ESL, gifted, or Title 1. Please let me know if I can be of any service to you. All the best, Ricki Linksman

#3 Ricki Linksman

Ricki Linksman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

I also want to add that because I could not go everywhere, I developed an Internet-delivered reading program, called Keys to Reading Success, which contains all the process which I teach schools when I visit them in person. It contains a program for teachers to give a reading diagnostic test to all their students, learning style and brain hemispheric preference assessments, and using that data prepares an individual prescriptive reading plan for each child. It also contains lesson plans for pre-K, K-12, and college, to teach all aspects of reading with adaptations for each of the learning styles. Some of my visits to various schools is to train them in the Internet based program as well. You can get an on-line demo of this if you go to its site www.Keys2reading.com
With regards, Ricki Linksman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users