Your existing Forum account allows you to comment on articles and download behavior charts on the new ACN Latitudes Website. You will need to login with your email address and password when signing into the forums or the new website. Our new site gives you searchable access to hundreds of free articles, social media, a store for products, and more. We also have a special membership plan, which includes new premium features on the forums.

B12 injection dose

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Paula Perez_*

Guest_Paula Perez_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 01:11 PM

Dr. McCandless,

What is the dose of the methylcobalamin for a 3 year old and what strength should the pharmacy make? I'm trying to get my pediatrician to help me and she needs this information.

Thank you so much,
Paula

#2 dr_mccandless

dr_mccandless

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 02:33 PM

Dear Paula: The disposable injectable syringes of pure methylcobalamin contain 1250mcg, the same dose for everyone no matter how old or what size. I get them from Coastal Compounding Pharmacy in Atlanta GA and they mail them out on ice. Jaquelyn
Jaquelyn McCandless, MD
Author, Children with Starving Brains

#3 Guest_Paula Perez_*

Guest_Paula Perez_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 03:29 PM

Dr. McCandless,

I live just outside of Atlanta, so I tried looking Coastal Compounding Pharmacy up in the yellow pages, called information and looked on the web, but I can't find this pharmacy. My doctor probably won't know how to find them, either. Do you have a phone number or other contact information?

Thank you so much. You are making such a difference in our kids lives.
Paula

#4 Guest_Maria_*

Guest_Maria_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:10 PM

Paula,

They are in Savannah Georgia. The number is 912-354-5188. The address is 6709-A Forest Park Dr., Savannah, GA 31406.

#5 dr_mccandless

dr_mccandless

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 04:39 PM

Dear Maria: Thanks, I had another brain blip, it is Savannah, not Atlanta. Also, I'm traveling without my phone numbers, so appreciate your help. Jaquelyn
Jaquelyn McCandless, MD
Author, Children with Starving Brains

#6 Guest_Paula Perez_*

Guest_Paula Perez_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2003 - 05:41 PM

Dr. McCandless,

Thank you so, so much for the information.

Paula

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users