Your existing Forum account allows you to comment on articles and download behavior charts on the new ACN Latitudes Website. You will need to login with your email address and password when signing into the forums or the new website. Our new site gives you searchable access to hundreds of free articles, social media, a store for products, and more. We also have a special membership plan, which includes new premium features on the forums.

- - - - -

PANDAS: ASO Titers Vs. Anti-DNase B

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

In what situation would someone want to test Anti-DNase B in addition to the ASO titer? Could the ASO titer not show signs of PANDAS, but the Anti-DNase B show signs of PANDAS?

My doctor requested an ASO titer, but not Anti-DNase B. When I looked up the ASO titer on the LabCorp site this is what I came across: False-positive ASO titers can be caused by increased levels of serum beta-lipoprotein produced in liver disease and by contamination of the serum with Bacillus cereus and Pseudomonas sp. ASO titers are elevated in 85% of patients with rheumatic fever but may not be elevated in cases involving skin or renal sequelae. For patients suffering from skin or renal involvement, anti-DNase B [test 096289] may be a better choice.

I then looked up the anti-Dnase B test and it said it's use is for: Document recent streptococcal infection, particularly those involving skin or renal sequelae

I probably don't have PANDAS, but this does stand out at me because of the sudden onset of skin issues I've had. I have had an ASO titer before(showing no PANDAS, but my doctor wants to recheck it), but I've never had an anti-Dnase B test done before.

Carolyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users