ACN Latitudes Forums

My DS has been on an SSRI (low-dose) for some time now, predominantly for OCD, though it has helped mood, as well. He currently takes Zoloft.

I have another family member who suffers from clinical depression; he has tried to go SSRI-free on a couple of occasions, but his chemistry just will not hold, and he finds he needs the SSRI support. He's currently taking Prozac and is like a different person while taking it as compared to not taking it. The difference is profound . . . in a good way . . . with the help of the Prozac.

Our Dr. addresses infections first along with diet. Once stabilized he puts you on an SSRI to bring more blood flow to the brain. He uses NeuroSpect scans to observe improvement. Following this protocol we didn't experience adversereactions which can happen in PANDAS kids. We are on Zoloft.

I see our kids as highly sensitive whether a medication or a vitamin. Low and Slow seems to work best.

I've tried Paxil, Zoloft, and Lexapro, with the latter seeming to have the fewest side effects. Dr. L says if there's a PANDAS diagnosis, you want to stay away from any drugs that increase dopamine - best to check out the Wikipedia articles for each drug, as some of the SSRIs do have some dopaminergic effects.

We've just started DD on a low dose of Zoloft just to give her a boost with her OCD and CBT therapy. Using 12.5 MG/day possibly going to 25MG. We ended up in the ER today for a massive migraine (slurred speech, blurred vision etc very scary) and I'm concerned that may have been the Zoloft. I just don't know. I want to see this through because I'd like DD to get to a new place. I have stopped all abx and supplements just to see where this takes us.