Your existing Forum account allows you to comment on articles and download behavior charts on the new ACN Latitudes Website. You will need to login with your email address and password when signing into the forums or the new website. Our new site gives you searchable access to hundreds of free articles, social media, a store for products, and more. We also have a special membership plan, which includes new premium features on the forums.

B-12 cream

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Jennifer_*

Guest_Jennifer_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2003 - 08:09 PM

Dear Dr. McCandless,

In one of your posts you mention a b-12 cream. Where can we find something like this and does it work better than the sublingual tablets?

Thank you much

#2 dr_mccandless

dr_mccandless

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 March 2003 - 11:44 PM

Dear Jennifer: I am beginning to believe that our kids with enflamed guts are not absorbing Vitamin B12 except through injection; I cannot get the ASD kids to keep the sublinguals under their tongue long enough for absorption to happen that way. Also the kids who are using the transdermals are not getting the excellent results that most of the kids with the injections are getting. I give three categories of kids the injections; kids with mercury poisoning (mercury must destroy the B12's ability to cross the blood-brain-barrier), kids with low RBC or hematocrits on the CBC, and kids with elevated methylmalonic acid (MMA) on the OAT (organic acid test.) The highly concentrated form must be prescribed by a doctor and compounded by a pharmacist and must be pure methylcobalamin; the old-fashioned kind was usually cyanocobalamin (NOT GOOD) and was a whole cc (ml) also NOT GOOD. Concentrated form is like a drop, placed in ready to go disposable insulin syringes with tiny, tiny needles; most kids get used to them and don't mind after the first 2 or 3, or they are given in their sleep with no awakening. Jaquelyn
Jaquelyn McCandless, MD
Author, Children with Starving Brains

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users