• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google Plus
  • Youtube
  • youtube

Existing forum users need to log into the forums and website with their email address and password. Become a premium member to access enhanced forum features and visit our online store to view our products.
Natural Treatments for Tics and Tourette's - A Patient and Family Guide

Our helpful guide is a #1 bestselling book on tics and Tourette's. This 365-page book explains how to treat tics using natural and alternative therapies, from nutritional, behavioral and counseling therapies, EEG biofeedback, and homeopathy to bodywork, energy medicine, and Chinese medicine. This Book offers advice from medical experts, a common tic triggers checklist, inspirational family stories, practical worksheets, and takeaway tips for the help that you need. Learn more

ACN Latitudes Premium Membership

Photo
- - - - -

Tourettic OCD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kc35

kc35

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

My DD6 has these feelings to touch things in a certain until they feel right.  For example touching the edges of the book pages or lifting a chair leg a few times etc.  She gets upset if she doesn't touch things in the right way.   I've noticed a lot more of this type of behavior lately, perhaps she was doing it before but I never noticed.  Now she tells me she has these feelings or urges to touch things in a  certain way.  Is this Tourettic OCD?  Is it also helped by CBT just like regular OCD?  Do you any of you have any insight into this?

I am still in the process of determining whether my DD has tics/OCD caused by infections (PANDAS/PANS).  My DD hasn't even been diagnosed with anything yet since we don't have an appt to the neurologist until early Dec. Thank you.

#2 chemar

chemar

Advanced Member

• Premium
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

Hi

Tourettic OCD is unique to people with Tourette Syndrome and involves tics and OCD behaviors "morphing" into each other ie a tic starts being done obsessively/compulsively or  an OCD symptom becomes a tic...ie tourettic OCD involves tics and OCD interactions

Doing things "just right"  seems to often accompany OCD (whether "classic" OCD or Tourettic,) so that in itself does not define Tourettic OCD.

And yes Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can help with this.

When life brings you to your knees....you're in a good position to pray!

click here for: The Treatments that have Helped My Son

click here for the Helpful Threads on Tourette/Tics

* Focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users